Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Posted Jan 17, 2019 05:17 AM

Hi dlp experts, I have a big problem, my servers (DLP servers(enforce,mail prevent,detection), suddenly after I rebooted physically all the vontu services failed to start, can anyone help me please? Thanks

• 2.  RE: "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Posted Jan 17, 2019 06:56 AM

Hi Dwi,

Which DLP Version are you running and what is the Operating System of the Servers ? Have you tried to manually start the services ?

Kind regards

• 3.  RE: "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Posted Mar 03, 2019 11:15 PM

Hi Ahmad,

sorry for the late reply, i'm using dlp 15.1, the case is that everytime i have errors on services (dlp services) i have to manually restart the services but everytime i tried to start the services i always have to relog again all the password for the "protect user", (i'm inherited this problem after i move to "security divison"), i tried input all password from the documents that i have but still the same errors,

after i open a case to symantec about something else, the engineer said about my windows security account" but i forgot about that,

the point is, can we skip the password input thing on :restarting the services?"

thanks

• 4.  RE: "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Posted Mar 04, 2019 12:24 AM

Hi Dwi,

Can you verify that the services of Symantec DLP such as the protect user have Log on as a Service permission ?

Kind regards

• 5.  RE: "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Posted Mar 04, 2019 12:47 AM

Hi,

This issue is related to group policy. need to assign protect user under "Log on as a Service" OR you can set "Local System Account" to run the services.

Regards,

Deepak Kate

• 6.  RE: "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Posted Mar 04, 2019 01:36 AM

Dear all,

yes the "protect" user haveunder   Log on as a Service, and also permission, is it normal that everytime i need to restart or tried to start manual it will always ask again to input the password under log on as a servise"??

thanks,

• 7.  RE: "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Posted Mar 04, 2019 06:00 AM

Hi Dwi,

No this is not normal. When you installed the Symantec DLP 15.1 you created the "protect" user, right ? Did you use an existing user account with the name "protect" for the services or created a new service account with the name "protect" ?

• 8.  RE: "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Posted Apr 28, 2019 10:53 PM

Dear Ahmad,

yes im using the "default" users for my DLP, until this day im still need to relog or change the password evertime i need to restart the services,,

sorry for the late response

• 9.  RE: "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Posted Aug 15, 2019 01:44 AM

Sorry for this old post,

but until today i'm still facing this same probelm, evertime i have to restart the DLP services,

any guides?

thanks

• 10.  RE: "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Posted Feb 20, 2023 12:30 PM

My issue is fixed by doing a Normal Startup to fix The Dependency Service Or Group Failed To Start Error.