Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Error 11032 attempting local image of win2003 standard server

Posted Jun 28, 2010 04:15 PM

Hello and wondering if anyone can assist.
    We have several HP ML350 G4p servers running windows 2003 Standard Svr R2 SP2. Some of them we can take a local image of and some we can not. On the ones we cannot, we get the Error 11032 no source found. We are using WinPE boot disk. I have tried the switches that have been referenced in posts and tech support documents of, -FNI -FFX -FNU -NOIDE -NOUSB, but that did not make things better, the WinPE portion of boot would not boot.

Does anyone have any tips to try? We are not trying to use the Ghost Console or do a ghost cast server image. All I want to do is boot the server on a boot disk and write the image off to a locally connected usb external hard drive.

Thanks
    Amy

• 2.  RE: Error 11032 attempting local image of win2003 standard server

Posted Jun 29, 2010 05:37 AM
    Are your servers absolutely identical, or do they have different hard disk chipsets?
    When you boot WinPE, if you cannot see the server hard disk on C: then it is very likely that your WinPE boot system lacks the correct driver for the hard disk chipset being used in that particular server.
    While the server is booted, find the hard disk controller in Device Manager, and check the PNP ID. Compare this with the servers that can be imaged - my guess is that they will be different.
    If I am correct, find the appropriate 32 bit Vista drivers for the chipset in the machines you cannot image, and add them to the WinPE boot disk. If you have any doubt about the suitability of the drivers, look for the presence of the PNP ID of your hard disk controller in the INF file that is part of the driver set.

• 3.  RE: Error 11032 attempting local image of win2003 standard server

Posted Jul 02, 2010 01:17 PM
    Hi Amy,

There could be several reasons to the cause of the 11032 error and as EdT says it could also be due to the lack of the proper WinPE drivers as the chipsets might differ. Please find the link below that describes the causes of this issue and also the possible workaround for it.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/on-technology.nsf/docid/2004111908401425