Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Error 1327 Invalid Drive

Posted Feb 25, 2010 02:17 PM
    The client installion MSI gets stuck on an error if My Documents is mapped to a network drive.   I see from this forum that this problem has been know for 2 years.  It seems to me that this would not be difficult to fix.  I'm using the newest version of SEP 11 and XP clients.  Please let me know if this problem will be addressed.

Thanks for your support

• 2.  RE: Error 1327 Invalid Drive

• 3.  RE: Error 1327 Invalid Drive

Posted Feb 25, 2010 03:02 PM

Title: 'Symantec Endpoint Protection Error: "1327 Invalid drive" during Client installation on a computer running Windows that has a mapped drive for the documents folder.'
    Document ID: 2008011705594048
    > Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008011705594048?Open&seg=ent

• 4.  RE: Error 1327 Invalid Drive

Posted Feb 26, 2010 12:12 AM

As per Microsoft KB : -      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q282183

This behavior may occur when the following conditions are true:
    1. A system folder (for example, My Documents) is mapped to a network drive that has the Reconnect at logon check box selected.
    2. The Logon and restore network connections check box is selected when you log on to Microsoft Windows.
    3. The system folder on the network drive was not available when you started Windows.

Method 1

Log on to the computer locally, but do not log on to the network. Then, install Works Suite.

Note Log on by using this method for all reboots thereafter, during the installation process. After the installation process is complete, restart the computer, and log on as you typically would.

Method 2

Disconnect from the unavailable share, and then reconnect after you clear the Reconnect at logon check box. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
    2. On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Disconnect Network Drive.
    3. Click the network drive on which the shell folder is located.

Click OK.
    4. On the Tools menu, click Map Network Drive.
    5. Click to clear the Reconnect at logon check box.
    6. Type the network path for the location of the shell folder.

Click OK.
    7. Restart Windows.

Method 3

Move the system shell folder from the network location to a location on your computer's hard disk.

You can do this by using the same method by which the folder was originally moved.

Method 4

If you have to maintain the Reconnect at logon option, restart Windows when the network share is available.