Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  error 2202: the user name or groupname parameter is invalid

Posted Dec 22, 2008 11:04 AM

Hello all,

I'm trying to configure PXE boot to Ghost Server.

When i choose "Map to a network share" i get an error: "error 2202: the user name or groupname parameter is invalid"

When i choose "PQI image unicast" I'm unable to browse/access network drive that located on the serve.

Any suggestions please?

• 2.  RE: error 2202: the user name or groupname parameter is invalid

Posted Dec 24, 2008 01:34 AM

Hi Lev,

Most likely, your share does not allow DOS sessions to access the share (for example, if it is a 2k3 machine, it only accepts NTLM 2 but DOS does not support it). What OS do you use for the Share?

Krish

• 3.  RE: error 2202: the user name or groupname parameter is invalid

Posted Dec 24, 2008 07:16 AM
    You was right, win2k3

• 4.  RE: error 2202: the user name or groupname parameter is invalid

Posted Dec 28, 2008 10:04 PM

Hi,

This was discussed in detail some time back at https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=109&message.id=3766 . Could you check if it is going to help you? Let me know if your situation is different.

Krish

• 5.  RE: error 2202: the user name or groupname parameter is invalid

Posted Aug 03, 2009 03:36 PM
    I am having the same problem, but I am not on Win 2K3 server. The ghost server is on Win XP.

The command is:

net use g: \\servername\sharename * /user:servername\username  (I am using "servername" because the account is a local account on the servername server.)

Then I get:

"error 2202: the user name or groupname parameter is invalid"

I have tried to change the command in several ways. I've gone onto various websites and am sure that I have the syntax correct for the "/user:" parameter.

• 6.  RE: error 2202: the user name or groupname parameter is invalid

Posted Aug 10, 2009 06:09 AM
    Hi,

Do you use WinPE or DOS? If it is DOS, I don't think DOS net.exe supports /user parameter.

Krish