Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Error 2905

Posted Oct 02, 2015 02:46 PM

I am getting an error called 2905 where the AD Exact data profile creation failed, Data profile for exact data profile " xxx active directory source was not created "

I was getting this error on the enforce server on version 11.6 platform windows 2008. I thought upgrading to DLP 12.0 would fix, but still getting same error. What am I missing that talks from enforce server to Active Directory that can be addressed, im curious to know if this is even the issue. Thank you for you support on this.

• 2.  RE: Error 2905

Posted Oct 05, 2015 03:16 PM

Did you check the tomcat logs? At times, far fetched attributes fails due to a time-out which results in the index creation failure.

I suggest try the GC port: 3268 instead of 389. Normally I've seen that help in such cases.

Global Catalog queries are directed to port 3268, which explicitly indicates that Global Catalog semantics are required. Somehow removed the recursiveness out, which help in cases where a time-out is experienced.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc978012.aspx

Let me know how it goes.

• 3.  RE: Error 2905

Posted Oct 13, 2015 04:06 PM

Looking at the GC ports there are some old connections there, however there is one directory connection for 389 and one for port 3268. 

These connections to me seem no longer valid because they were set up in an older organization. If I removed these connections this might resolve error? Also what other method would be used by vontu to call information from Active Directory? Thank you

• 4.  RE: Error 2905

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Oct 13, 2015 07:39 PM

Roland,

This may be realted to the AD Exact Group your making and where some people that were part of your AD based users groups do not exist anymore or were moved from their original locations in AD.

Take a look at the USer Groups section in the Manage section... it might be that one of those user groups is corrupted beacsue of non existant users or groups that were part of the Custom User Group.

Otherwise please show us the page and error you are seeing.

Good Luck

Ronak