Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Error code in 12.1 RU1

Posted Nov 21, 2011 06:58 PM

Hi Symantec community,

i've recently migrated/upgraded from 11.7 to 12,1 RU1.

After install and restored from a backup. I can see all clients in clients tab when logging in.

However when i log in to SEPM, i immediately always get

"Unexpected server error. ErrorCode 0x10010000" and beacuse of this error Home, Monitors and Report tabs are blank

When doing the reconfiguration wizard, it works well when i approach the SQL database section in the wizard. I use our [domain]\Administrator which has full access and it works

I went so far by retring it again selceting SQL Authentication (instead of Windows Authentication) and use the username sa with password associated to the sa user.

I'm stuck and i find it useless to have 12.1 RU1 if im running blind on what potential threats are out there in out network.WIndows Authentication worked fine in 11.x this is also causing our SQL server to notify us constantly about a failed login which im strongly positive its related.

Thank you

Clavicus

• 2.  RE: Error code in 12.1 RU1

Posted Nov 21, 2011 07:20 PM

Please refer to the following Link:

Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/errorcode-0x10010000-also-sepm-console-blank-home-montiors-and-reports-tab

• 3.  RE: Error code in 12.1 RU1

Posted Nov 21, 2011 07:31 PM

Yes this related to authentication that you use to connecto the SQL server

using SQL would help you, but I think you have already tried to use SQL authentication if thats not working then I would suggest you to post the scmserver0.log and SQL error logs and symantec community can try to help you with that.

• 4.  RE: Error code in 12.1 RU1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2011 04:43 AM

This problem is with the SQL authontication for sure.

It seems that this may be related to errors with impersonating the account used to access the SQL database.

Please Change the Windows Authentication to SQL authentication using the Management Server Configuration Wizard.

Cause:The user account being used was not able to authenticate to the external SQL database.

• 5.  RE: Error code in 12.1 RU1

Posted Nov 22, 2011 06:35 PM

Hi guys,

SQL user was the problem. Not sure why SA did not work but we had used another account and it is now displaying correctly for the 3 tabs.

Thanks for replies. Appreciate it.