Protection Suite Enterprise Edition

View Only
  • 1.  error during integration of sepm 12.1 in spc 2

Posted Apr 10, 2012 04:57 PM

Hi at all,

i've installed the symantec protection center v2.1 in the dedicated pc, with w2008 r2 etc,etc

now when i try to add the remote sep manager of a my customer i get an error about wrong user name and password. but with the same i can successfully login in the sep manager.

i've yet tried to use the user name: Default\admin but nothing.

i've set the right nat under the customer firewall for this ports 8443 / 8444 / 8445 / 8014 / 9090 on the symantec server.

the only result is that the spc detect correctly the symantec product but it can not login.

is there anyone can give me a help about how troubleshoot this?

thanks in advance

Claudio

p.s. sorry about my very very bad english...

• 2.  RE: error during integration of sepm 12.1 in spc 2
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2012 07:08 PM

Greetings!

The Default\admin is usually the issue, unless they have changed the default SEPM domain from Default, in which case you need to use THEIR SEPM domain name there. As you know this isn't thier Active Directory Domain Name, unless they have changed it from Default to their Domain Name to mirror their environment.

The other thing you need to look at is the AUTHORIZATION to connect to SPC. Now that I write this, it seems this may actually be your issue.

Make sure that you have enabled the integration of SPC inside of the SEPM Manager.

To do this:

1) Navigate to Admin/Servers/Local Site and click Edit Site Properties.

2) On the Web Services Tab make sure that you have Enable Network Discovery enabled.

Another thing to look at is the Admin/Servers/Local Site/Your Server Name properties.

1) Navigate to Admin/Servers/Servers/Local Site/Your Server Name, Properties

2) Make sure that on the General Tab you have the SPC Server added to the Server Communication Permissions, or make sure that all consoles and servers are granted access to the SEPM server.

Below are the relevant Integration Guides and a good resource for finding documentation.

SEPM Integration Guide

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC4498

Finding Documentatioin

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC4852

Here is the article about verifying the Domain Name that is to be used on the integration line:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166235

The other option is to call support.

Let them help you out. I know they would be happy to.

• 3.  RE: error during integration of sepm 12.1 in spc 2

Posted Apr 10, 2012 07:40 PM

Hi Russel,

thanks for your help. I've found my very stupid mistake:

we use the italian version of SEP12 so...the italian translation of "Default" is "Predefinito"....so my user name must be "Predefinito\admin"

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Thanks a lot for you support.

Claudio