Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly.

• 1.  Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly.

Posted Aug 30, 2010 11:46 AM

I've been running Ghost 15 since March of this year without incident.  This morning I found the following in the log:

8/30/2010 5:00:36 AM High Priority Error: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: sysImage.
        Error EC8F040B: Cannot create incremental recovery point of C:\ drive.
            Error E0BB0083: Unable to create incremental recovery point.
                Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, BitmapInternal::RunListBase<unsigned __int64>::RunListBase: d:\ComponentReleases\Base_Main\ws\Base/Dev/Bitmap/RunListBase.inl(158): mRunListCount < maxRuns.
    Error E0BB0083: Unable to create incremental recovery point. 0xE0BB0083 (Norton Ghost)

I immediately reran the backup, and it completed successfully.

Searching the forums I see that variations of this error have been reported from time to time on several releases of Ghost.  None of the particulars and none of the solutions appear to apply to this case, however.  CHKDSK and other utilities indicate no disk problems, nor are any logged in the system (Win 7) logs.  No USB devices were connected at the time, nor was any other backup program active.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

• 2.  RE: Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly.

Posted Aug 30, 2010 03:51 PM
    I presume that your Ghost 15 is the Norton Ghost retail product. This forum is for the corporate Ghost Solution Suite product, which is based around different technology.
    Norton Ghost is supported in the Backup Exec System Recovery forum.

As a separate thought - how full is the drive? System Restore is allocated a certain percentage of total disk space, but this percentage is not "reserved" space, so if the drive is pretty full and system restore has not used its full allocation, is might be running out of space when trying to create another restore point.

My personal preference when imaging is to first clean up all the temp folders, then clear the internet browser cache, then turn off system restore and turn it back on again, which clears all the restore points. This minimises the size of any image I am creating