Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Error Number: (40217)

Posted Jul 25, 2008 05:31 PM

Hi,

we are trying to start Ghost-Client over PXE on Lenovo ThinkCentre M57 and then connect to the Ghost Cast Server. After the boot image, created with GSS 2.5, is loaded and ghost.exe (version 11.5) is started we recieve:

Error Number: (40217) Message: Cannot create a File Preservation Metadata File at path "."

We tried with PC-DOS and MS-DOS boot images and also another NICs, so i think it isn't NIC driver issue. There aren't any problems, using boot images created with Symantec Ghost 7.5 and including ghost.exe (version 7.5).

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Error Number: (40217)

Posted Aug 03, 2008 10:45 PM

Hi Zenon,

from the error message, it looks like it is one of the features we added in Ghost version 8.0

do you use any switch when you load up the ghost?

also do you have any extra files in the directory where you are running ghost?

such as .dat file?

thanks.

regards,

James Lee

• 3.  RE: Error Number: (40217)

Posted Oct 07, 2008 01:35 PM

Hi There,

Having the same problem with an HP 6530b. Have tried using the -noide -fni -forceusb individually and in combibation of two even all three with no sucess. Disabling USB PnP is not an option in Bios. The folder stucture both on Floopy or the usb Key Ghost has been seperated, so there is no dat files available for ghost to pull from. We have Ghost Console Suite 1.0 running Ghost.exe version 8.2. we run ghost locally and manually connect to sessions on Console server. In other words we run ghost.exe at command prompt. It is at this point where it freezes, or if it does go thru we get the 40217 error.

Any assistance would be appriciated.

• 4.  RE: Error Number: (40217)

Posted Oct 29, 2008 02:22 PM

I've just been handed a new HP 6530b to capture the image; but I'm not able to.  Our setup has worked with every other laptop except this new model.

When trying to load Ghost off our USB key I get the 40217 error message and then not able to read drive C anymore.

Is there any fix to this issue?

We use a USB key to run locally on each machine, and that will connect up to our GhostCastServer to either pull or push.  Bypassing our startup scripts I'm still not able to even load Ghost in a standalone mode.

• 5.  RE: Error Number: (40217)

Posted Nov 12, 2008 12:20 PM

Okay, just an update to this

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=109&thread.id=17302&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

solved the issues for me

Just needed to run ghost from the root folder; and change autoexec to use the root ghost.exe