Symantec IT Risk and Compliance Product Group

View Only
  • 1.  Error in viewing Evaluation Details Dialogue Box for CCS 10.0

Posted May 16, 2011 06:20 AM

Hi all,

I'm receiving the following error when i open the Evaluation Results Dialog Box for CCS 10.0:

Following are the application messages that are logged when the problem occurred:

The most recent message is listed first.

* Unexpected end of file while parsing CDATA has occurred. Line 1527, position 43.

--- Application Execution History ---

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
       at Symantec.UIToolkit.Framework.Views.TargetNavigator.ModelessActivation(INavigationTarget target, Object context)
       at Symantec.UIToolkit.Framework.Views.TargetNavigator.Navigate(IJournalEntry currentEntry, IJournalEntry newEntry, NavigationMode mode, Object context)
       at Symantec.UIToolkit.Framework.Navigation.Navigator.SyncNavigate(JournalEntry oldEntry, JournalEntry newEntry, NavigationMode mode, Object context)

Any help?

• 2.  RE: Error in viewing Evaluation Details Dialogue Box for CCS 10.0

Posted May 25, 2011 11:44 PM

have you applied the  latest  CHF?

• 3.  RE: Error in viewing Evaluation Details Dialogue Box for CCS 10.0

Posted Jul 12, 2011 10:04 AM

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, but i did try to apply the latest CHF but it did not succeed, although i was using a test environment for client.

However, the other alternative to view the details, though a bit long and tedious was:

Go to the Standards, then view the displayed Standards. 

Click on the Standard used to perform a CER (Collection-Evaluation-Reporting) Job. Then on the Details Pane below, check on the particular CER job performed by checking on the date and time the job was performed. 

If spotted, select it and on the top right corner of the Details Pane, Click on the View Details Icon and the details will be displayed, thus can select either the Asset or Standard View of the Evaluation Results.

• 4.  RE: Error in viewing Evaluation Details Dialogue Box for CCS 10.0

Posted Jul 12, 2011 10:18 AM

I had a similar issue in the past and the below steps resolved it, its worth a shot...

Search for the "isolated" folder and rename it to "isolated.old"

The Isolated folder is located on the AS and will be the the following path:

<Drive>Documents and Settings\<profile name>\Application Data

Restart the AS service and re-launch the CCS R&A.

Hope this helps...

-Howard