Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Error while deploying image onto ProLiant DL380 G7

Posted Dec 08, 2011 08:28 AM

Hi All,

I am facing some error while trying to depot linux RHEL image onto DL380 proliant box. I use Win PE for deployement and its gets stuck saying that it cannot finding the altiris-dagent-*.exe file. The exact error looks like below:

Establishing network connection...
    Validating network connection <-169.254>...
    Authenticating network connection...
        Could not authenticate network connection.
    Mapping network drives....

Deployment shared mapped to F:
    Starting agent...
    Locating Agent....
       Searching Deployment Share for Agent....
       Unable to locate remote agent "altiris-dagent-*.x86.exe" on Deployment share.
    Starting Local Agent X:\dagent\dagent.exe...
    Launching dagent [d]...

Calling custome actions...
    Startup complete..
    X:\>

There seems to be no error and the deployement share got mounted successfully at F:. I can do a dir and on that and I can see the "Deployement Server" folder on it. What could be the possible reason for this, am I missing something in the image ??

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Error while deploying image onto ProLiant DL380 G7

Posted Dec 08, 2011 12:52 PM

it seems you have a driver issue.  so if you type ipconfig in the command line most likely there isnt an IP right?

Nelo

• 3.  RE: Error while deploying image onto ProLiant DL380 G7

Posted Dec 08, 2011 11:07 PM

I can see an IP when I type the ipconfig command. Also, the express share got mounted successfully onto F: So I don't suspect any network driver issues. One question I had was, where will it be searching for altiris-dagent-* file. Is it in the express share or in the boot image ?

• 4.  RE: Error while deploying image onto ProLiant DL380 G7

Posted Dec 09, 2011 12:29 AM

it depends what you selected when creating the PXE image. there is an option to locally copy the file and another to get the latest file from the \\comname\express\aclient (this is default).  open the comand prompt and u should still see the last executed lines in the batch file to copy the agent.

check https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/winpe-21-could-not-authenticate-network-connection-error it seems a similar issue,

Neson v