Web Application Firewall & Reverse Proxy

View Only
  • 1.  Failover in Proxy ASG S400

Posted May 23, 2017 02:01 PM
    Good afternoon dear

Thank you very much in advance for your attention. I commented that I'm new to Proxy's Bluecoat implementation, now Symantec, but I'd like to know how they handle Failover.
    I have read in the documentation that for Explicit Proxy scenarios Failover functionality is available using "IP address failover", something similar to the VRRP deployment. Now, for Transparent Proxy scenarios I notice that the deployment is creating "Software bridges", but I must have physical interfaces for deployment. Am I right? My second query is that I understand that using either method ("IP address Faillover" or "Software Bridges") I have to first create the fix and after having a single logical unit I start to configure the computer as if it were only one, ¿ This is so? O Do I have to configure each computer individually and when any inconvenience occurs with one of them, would it go to the configuration of the other?

I would appreciate if you could support me with the subject. Thank you in advance for your attention.

Best regards

Martin Torres L

• 2.  RE: Failover in Proxy ASG S400

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2017 02:07 PM

This forum is not for Blue Coat's ProxySG, this is only for the Symantec Web Gateway.

• 3.  RE: Failover in Proxy ASG S400

Posted May 23, 2017 02:20 PM

I've moved this thread to the Web Application Firewall & Reverse Proxy forum.

• 4.  RE: Failover in Proxy ASG S400

Posted May 23, 2017 03:30 PM

Thank you very much Brian ¡¡¡¡ excellent¡¡¡

Best regards

Martin Torres L

• 5.  RE: Failover in Proxy ASG S400

Posted Jun 19, 2017 10:44 AM

Not really sure what you actually want to know.

But a how to configure can be found here.

As to configuring client systems, the only time you have to configure anything on a client system is with explicit proxy.

And for a HA environment you'd use the VIP address instead of the Proxies interface IP address.

For transparant proxy there's nothing you configure on the client, it's totally oblivious to the fact that there is a proxy anywhere..