Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Features O365 Integration with DLP

Posted Jun 23, 2016 12:08 PM

Hi,

Office 365 integrates a DLP functionality ... I want to know if that functionality can be managed centrally by Symantec DLP via ICAP or via some API?

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Features O365 Integration with DLP
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 24, 2016 11:09 AM

Good morning,

Symantec DLP integrates w/ Office 365 several ways:

• Cloud Prevent for Office 365 provides inspection and blocking email like Network Prevent for Email does for an on premise location. This leverages the policies you've setup on Enforce and reports the incident back to the Enforce system.  It doesn't use the Office 365 DLP policies
    • Endpoint Prevent:  Agent on the laptop/desktop can inspect data that is being saved to OneDrive or even uploaded to SharePoint Online
    • Endpoint Prevent:  Inspect data going to *.office.com or outlook.com or whatever is being used in the browser as we can monitor HTTP and HTTPS at the browser level for Chrome, IE, and Firefox

The important thing to remember is that you are leveraging the Policies within Symantec DLP, written on your Enforce system and then the incidents/reporting is done on your Enforce system.  Nothing is done within the Office 365 DLP system.

If you have more questions let me know we can talk further

• 3.  RE: Features O365 Integration with DLP

Posted Jun 29, 2016 01:09 PM

Did this help you out? If so please marked it as solved.  If not what other information is needed?

• 4.  RE: Features O365 Integration with DLP

Posted Jun 30, 2016 08:58 AM

Thanks,

But I want to know if I can managed the functionally of O365 DLP in the enforce console? Can I integrated both? Symantec DLP and O365 DLP?

• 5.  RE: Features O365 Integration with DLP
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 30, 2016 09:43 AM

No they don't integrate, you do not work w/ Symantec DLP and Microsoft DLP at all.  Cloud Prevent for Office 365 allows you to put Symantec DLP in the mail flow of your Office 365 environment.

Mail would flow Office 365 -> Cloud PRevent for DLP -> Internet

THen incidnets generated by Cloud Prevent for Office 365 will flow into your on premise Enforce system.  By leveraging Symantec DLP in the cloud you can leverage all your existing policies (EDM, DCM, IDM, VML) and your existing DLP workfow withouth having to create something new.

Microsoft's DLP product would exist within the Office 365 admin console and not integrate.  A Symantec DLP policy would have to be created within Office 365 itself and no import/export.