Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Firm.exe is having issues with the %ID% and %model% wildcards imaging Dell T1500 only

Posted Jul 30, 2010 08:02 PM
    Deployment solution 6.9 sp2

Here is the script we run for our image deployment that works fine with any other Dell and HP models:
    @echo off
    REM Copy Sysprep.inf and Inject Drivers
    REM ReplaceTokens .\deploy\sysprep\sysprep.inf .\temp\%ID%.inf
    Echo Copying Updated Sysprep.inf and drivers for %#!computer@prod_name%
    .\Rdeploy\windows\firm.exe copy .\temp\%ID%.inf prod:sysprep\sysprep.inf
    echo Hardware Model number is %#!computer@model_num%
    echo Computer is %#!computer@prod_name%
    .\RDeploy\Windows\firm.exe delete prod:aclient.cfg
    set model=%#*"SELECT prod_name FROM computer WHERE computer_id=%ID%"%
    .\RDeploy\Windows\firm.exe -recurse copy ".\Deploy\Drivers\%model%" PROD:\drivers

The three lines which are not working are the following:

.\Rdeploy\windows\firm.exe copy .\temp\%ID%.inf prod:sysprep\sysprep.inf (The %ID% is not being recognized if I put the ID# in there manually it will copy the sysprep.inf like it should)

set model=%#*"SELECT prod_name FROM computer WHERE computer_id=%ID%"% (Same issue as above I have to input the ID# manually)

.\RDeploy\Windows\firm.exe -recurse copy ".\Deploy\Drivers\%model%" PROD:\drivers  (%model% needs to be replaced with the folder name we are using for the model which is

"Precision Workstation T1500" in order for it to copy the drivers up to the workstation)

If I use all three of these modifications the job will complete without issue.

• 2.  RE: Firm.exe is having issues with the %ID% and %model% wildcards imaging Dell T1500 only

Posted Aug 02, 2010 05:08 AM
    Hey Dominic3

If i were you i would put in a pause in the end of that script.
    Obviously something is failing otherwise everything would run smoothly.

And the only way you can take a look at what it is which is failing is by looking at the actual output.

I haven't fully testet your script but did test the %ID% and model sql query and i didn't find any problems with them.

Allthough your SQL query does the same as the %#!computer@prod_name%

Try putting in the pause and reinstall a client and take a look at the queries getting run on your machine.

/Morten

• 3.  RE: Firm.exe is having issues with the %ID% and %model% wildcards imaging Dell T1500 only

Posted Aug 17, 2010 02:13 PM
    We have the issue with the model number resolved but the issue with the %ID% is still happening only with this specific model T1500 from Dell.  I did run each line individually to see what is failing which is how I found out it was the ID variable.  That is now the only issue.  If I put in the ID Altiris gives each machine in both spots where the scipt uses %ID% the job runs fine.