Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost 2003 and external USB drive

Posted Apr 05, 2007 09:21 PM
    I can see it now, "Ghost 2003?  You need to upgrade!"
    However, I have been using this version and backing up to and from and external HDD with no problems....
    until now.

I have just started working with this Dell Latitude D620.  When I boot off the Ghost 2003 CD, everything comes up fine.  Under the "Select Source Drive" it shows both the external HDD and the internal HDD.  When I click to the "Destination Drive," the external HDD is no longer listed.  Where did it go?  It was there just one step before!!!

Mucho Mahalo for everything in advance!

(I may just resort to buying v10)

• 2.  RE: Ghost 2003 and external USB drive

Posted Apr 09, 2007 01:01 AM
    Hey,

I found the following solution to work. Go here.    http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
    Get BartPE and create a boot.ISO image when you launch the exe to create your 1st ISO image the 2nd field in the builder area will give you an option to add custom files.  Make sure you include all files from the ghost directory.  I am using GSS 2.0 I am working on getting the NIC drivers bundled also. But for disk to disk imaging this is pretty good.  When you boot from the BartPE disk you will need to point to the ghost.exe or ghost32.exe file.

Peace,

Chris  

Message Edited by Ghostdog on 04-08-200710:03 PM

• 3.  RE: Ghost 2003 and external USB drive

Posted Apr 10, 2007 10:31 AM
    How is the external hard drive formated?  If it is NTFS you will not see it as a destination drive since Ghost is used in DOS.  You will need to format it FAT32