Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost 2003 new external hard drive setup and error message

Posted May 29, 2010 10:32 PM
    I'm a non-techie who has been using Ghost 2003 with an external hard drive regularly for years.  Finally bought a larger external hard drive and want to backup.  I set up a file folder on the external hard drive called "ghostbackup6" and tried to do the basic backup process as I always have.  It asked for me to confirm the USB type and I confirmed 2.0.  I typed in E:\ghostbackup6\ghost1.gho which is the type of path I had always used on my other hard drive.  It goes through the process and boots in DOS, then gives me the error "Drive Overflow .  To return to Windows type ghreboot and press enter"

I've tried several times and always receive the same error message.  Can anyone please help me with this?

• 2.  RE: Ghost 2003 new external hard drive setup and error message

Posted Jul 23, 2010 05:33 PM
    what size is the new external?  also what File system?  In addition this is the Corporate Ghost forums not Consumer so you may not get much information in here.

If the drive wasn't formatted as ntfs I could see that you would be stuck with smaller .gho files but ghost should deal with that.   Also if was larger than the file system that ghost 2003 uses for the boot environment it may not see the drive correctly.   what OS does 2003 use when it boots down to clone?  Dos or windows PE?

Cheers.