Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost 7.5 Boot Disk for Dell Optiplex 330 - How to load USB drivers

Posted Apr 03, 2008 12:20 PM
        I have a Ghost 7.5 server and, until now, have used it fine re-imaging Dell Optiplex GX60s w Ps/2.

Yesterday, I created a Ghost Boot Disk for a Dell Optiplex GX 330, which uses a broadcom 57xx series nic.  I was able to add nic drivers and create a disk fine.  But then I realized that ther 330s USB only mean the default boot disk would probably not load. It doesn't. It hangs as it loads the mouse.

(1)What and (2)where do I add to the autoexec to give me the usb mouse and keyboard?  I've seen several posts but can;t seem to get it right

Also, I *WAS* using a PS2 KVM switch between the ghost server machine and client.  Can I still use this KVM with a USB to PS2 mouse & Keyboard adapter?  I uess I can just use the switch for the monitor if I have to, but I would like to use it for K, V, AND M.

The current autoexec is . . .

@echo off
    prompt $p$g
    \net\netbind.com
    MOUSE.COM
    cd \ghost
    echo Loading...
    GHOST.EXE  -JS=10

Thaks

• 2.  RE: Ghost 7.5 Boot Disk for Dell Optiplex 330 - How to load USB drivers

Posted Apr 03, 2008 12:39 PM
    In addition, the GX 330 is a SATA and the ghost image resides on the Ghost server, an IDE drive. Will I need modifications for this.

I need something real quick, and I just don't have time this week to research it out all the way.  I would really appreciate your help

• 3.  RE: Ghost 7.5 Boot Disk for Dell Optiplex 330 - How to load USB drivers

Posted Apr 03, 2008 12:44 PM
    I will probably just turn off the SATA in BIOS and use compatability mode to get around the SATA problem? This will be much slower, though, yes?