Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost failed to start GPF at eip=000d4053

Posted Dec 01, 2016 04:02 PM
      |   view attached

I have a VM booting into DOS partition. Tried to use ghost.exe (v2.5) & (v3.0) both of them failed to start. See the screenshot attached. How can I solve this issue?

• 2.  RE: Ghost failed to start GPF at eip=000d4053

Posted Dec 02, 2016 12:20 PM

You could start by telling us the specifications of your VM and the host system. Is it VMWare or some other technology?

Bear in mind that DOS is ancient and may not be able to handle the virtual machine's allocated hard disk size, nor the way that memory is managed.

Simplest solution is to build a WinPE boot disk or boot iso file using the Ghost 3.0 tools and use that instead. Forget DOS once and for all as it is the author of all your misfortunes.

• 3.  RE: Ghost failed to start GPF at eip=000d4053

Posted Dec 02, 2016 06:28 PM

It is a Hyper-V environment. The VM has three partitions. The OS is Windows 2012 R2. The first two partitions belong to Windows 2012. The third partition is the DOS partition (F3 recovery).​ Partition_1 has 350MB, OS 50GB and DOS 15GB. The Gdisk clear sees 3 partitions. Ghost failed to start. If I capture the third partition and restore it on a test computer, the ghost works fine, when I pressed F3 key to launch recovery mode.