Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost Question 1867: "Failed to install firewall rule"

Posted Jun 06, 2007 12:50 PM
    When I run ghost32 version 11.0.1 on a Windows PE 2004 boot disc, I get this pop-up:

Ghost Question 1867

Failed to install firewall rule. Do you want to continue?

with a yes or no button.

How can I remove this pop-up, either via a commnad-line switch or some other method?

Thanks,

-Rob

• 2.  RE: Ghost Question 1867: "Failed to install firewall rule"

Posted Jun 06, 2007 02:50 PM
    you can try -batch  or -quiet in conjunction with the full command line to do something.  They won't do any good if your just annoyed with the message and don't want to see it when you want to run it manually. 

• 3.  RE: Ghost Question 1867: "Failed to install firewall rule"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2009 03:30 AM
    If you want to bypass the security warning while installing the Ghost, You can use command line install option ; e.g if you want to install ghost console , you can use the command prompt and 'setup.exe /S /v /qn' options , this will not popup the firewall warning.

• 4.  RE: Ghost Question 1867: "Failed to install firewall rule"

Posted Mar 16, 2010 12:14 PM

Hi yogeshsadhu,

Can you explain how I would go about implementing the above solution when the problem occurs when creating a WinPE boot key with Ghost 11.0.1.  I cannot find the setup.exe refered to and understand that the above switches do not apply for the ghost32.exe.

Again all i need to solve is the removal of the error message seen in the original comment.

Regards

• 5.  RE: Ghost Question 1867: "Failed to install firewall rule"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2010 05:44 AM

You are right the solution provided is not applicable to your problem.
    Try using switch 'sure' , 'batch' or 'quiet' along with your Ghost command.

• 6.  RE: Ghost Question 1867: "Failed to install firewall rule"

Posted Mar 19, 2010 06:41 AM
    Thanks Yogesh,

I had previously tried the batch and quiet switches to no avail...

'Sure' however worked first time!

Thanks for your help...

• 7.  RE: Ghost Question 1867: "Failed to install firewall rule"

Posted Mar 19, 2010 06:50 AM
    You could try using -nFWM switch, this would bypass firewall manipulation by Ghost32.EXE and hence would stop the dialog from showing.

And if you were getting success by pressing yes button, you would be successful with this switch also.

Also please let me know that the Windows PE 2004 boot disc which you are using is a customized one?