Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost32 giving Application Error 29004

Posted May 16, 2007 05:23 PM
    I'm tyring to backup the hard drive of a Dell GX270 using Ghost 8.2. I boot the machine using Windows PE 1.85 and map a drive to the machine on which I'm going to convert the .gho files to .iso and burn them to DVDs.
    The problem occurs when I tell it to backup the drive to V:\ (the one mapped to the other machine via NET USE). Ghost starts to run and at about 2% it pops up a box telling me "Output error file to the following location: A:\GHOSTERR.TXT"
    I tried using -afile=V:\ to put the error file on the mapped drive but it tells me "CD/DVD writing functionality is currently unavailable."
    I've also run chkdsk and it told me everything was ok. Any one have any thoughts?

Adam

• 2.  RE: Ghost32 giving Application Error 29004

Posted May 16, 2007 11:30 PM
    Some questions, and suggestions.
    - Are you able to copy files to V:\ via the command prompt?
    - Are you able to output the error file to a local drive? It might be useful to see that.
    - If you are not already, I'd suggest using the network driver supplied by the Dell website for the GX270 rather than any generic driver.

Hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: Ghost32 giving Application Error 29004

Posted May 17, 2007 09:29 AM
    Well, I sat down this morning, booted both the computers, did everything the same as I did last night and it seems to be working fine. I'm up to about 12% already so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. I think yesterday just wasn't my day...

Adam