Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost32 Internal Error 25002 An internal inconsistency has been detected

Posted Jan 05, 2010 06:13 PM
      |   view attached
    I have created an image file from an HP 8530p notebook using Ghost32 11.0.1 on a WinPE CD to a WD 2TB MyBook using eSATA port.

Now when restoring the image to another 8530p notebook using the eSATA port, I get the message: Internal Error 25002 An internal inconsistency has been detected.

I have installed the latest SGSS 2.5, and used the Ghost Boot Wizard to create a new WinPE CD with Ghost32 11.5.0.2165, but get the same error.

Also tried using the -WS and -WD switches as suggested in other posts.

The original notebook is no longer available for creating a new image.

Attachment(s)

TXT
    GHOSTERR.TXT   31 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Ghost32 Internal Error 25002 An internal inconsistency has been detected

Posted Jan 06, 2010 03:56 PM

• 3.  RE: Ghost32 Internal Error 25002 An internal inconsistency has been detected

Posted Jan 07, 2010 07:03 PM
    Thank you. I spent quite a while searching with Google and Bing, which is how I got to this forum, where I spent more time searching but did not find the thread you did. Clearly my searching technique needs improvement!

I was able to restore the image using the -NTC- switch.

However, after cleaning up the image - adding and deleting several programs, running the Windows defragment utility several times during the process, including just before running sysprep and creating a new image - I am still unable to restore the image unless I use the -ntc- switch.

The file sizes have all been large (14GB +) so I also made an image with the -SPLIT=2048 switch (creating 7 files), but that image also gives the same error when restoring.

I have wiped the disk using the HP BIOS Disk Sanitizer utility, and rebuilt the entire system from scratch. I can now image and restore it without any errors.

So there must be something corrupted on the original notebook HD that was included in the subsequent images that a simple disk defragmentation won't correct, and it keeps getting transferred to any subsequent images.

Lesson learned, Ghost does a great job of copying everything on the HD, so test images from the start!

• 4.  RE: Ghost32 Internal Error 25002 An internal inconsistency has been detected

Posted Jan 08, 2010 02:31 PM
    HP, like many other manufacturers, ship machines with an operating system installed, plus a recovery partition to get you back to a factory build if things really get stuffed up badly.
    There may also be a boot manager involved to allow you to switch to the recovery partition at boot time if the main boot drive is failing for some reason.
    If you create an image of the main partition on such a system and then restore it to a machine with a clean hard disk and no boot manager, then that could account for the error.

However, you now have it working and I'm sure your testing regime will be a little more concise next time after your adventures with this machine!!