Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Ghosting between partitions in winpe2.0 with ghost32 v11.0 and get CRC32 to PASS

• 1.  Ghosting between partitions in winpe2.0 with ghost32 v11.0 and get CRC32 to PASS

Posted Jun 08, 2007 02:34 PM
    Hi,

I am working in winpe2.0(VISTA).
    I am using Ghost32 v11.0.

The only way that I have figured out how to get a passing CRC32 value in winpe 2.0 is to let ghost create the partition for me with the nooslayout switch.  This works great!

But I would like to first move my image data to a partition that I create that is the last partition on the drive.  Then perform a partition restore from the last partition on the drive to an area on the disk before my image data partition.  Since the only way I have figured out that works is to let ghost create the partition for me and use the nooslayout switch, I am wondering if ghost can create a partition inbetween two other partitions and take up all space between them?  Because it seems that if the partition I would like to image to already exists in winpe2.0, then the crc won't pass.

Is this possible? If so can you provide a scenario example where after imaging the crc passes?

• 2.  RE: Ghosting between partitions in winpe2.0 with ghost32 v11.0 and get CRC32 to PASS

Posted Jun 19, 2007 06:25 PM
    Is there any reason why you're using winpe2?

I know that with winpe2 if you try to create a partition with automount on, you can't restore to that partition, so it might not be possible.