Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  GSS 2.0 Ghost and 802.1X Controlled Networks

Posted Jul 17, 2007 12:12 PM
    Hello,

I would like to use GSS 2.0 ghost with a 802.1X controlled Ethernet environment.  Is this possible?  How does ghost work with Symantec Network Access Control?

Thanks,

Mark

• 2.  RE: GSS 2.0 Ghost and 802.1X Controlled Networks

Posted Jul 17, 2007 08:19 PM

Hello Mark,

There is a potential problem with this although; I probably will need more information on what you are trying to do and the configuration of your network.

During the multicast, ghost client boots into DOS which won't have SNAC agent  therefore potentially wouldn't be able to connect back to your corp. network, this is of cause depends on the configuration of your routing protocol.

So what I'm trying to say is that there are ways that you can work around it but you will have to compromise some of your network security requirements.

Cheers,

Orah

• 3.  RE: GSS 2.0 Ghost and 802.1X Controlled Networks

Posted Jul 17, 2007 08:40 PM
    Orah,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Are there any plans to include an 802.1X supplicant in Ghost?

When you mention reducing security, do you recommend customers use a "guest" or unauthorized vlan for ghosting purposes?

Thanks,

Mark

• 4.  RE: GSS 2.0 Ghost and 802.1X Controlled Networks

Posted Jul 17, 2007 10:51 PM
    Hi Mark,

I cannot comment on what is going to be included in the next release of Ghost but I do appreciate your feedback and it will give us some material to think about.  

Unfortunately, it will be hard for me make a professional recommendation on the approach you need to take to resolve this since I'm not familiar with you security policies and configuration of your vlan but, I would recommend you look into your firewall definitions and routing protocol.

Hope this is helpful,

Orah