Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  GSS251 ghostcasting problem

Posted Jul 11, 2011 03:44 PM

I have created a lab to play with GSS2.5 to test Windows 7 deployment. My ghostcast server is installed on a WXP system with ip address 192.168.1.10. I am also using netgear prosafe 5 port gigabit switch for my peer to peer lab network. The problem is that I can ping server from any win7 (32 or 64 bit) PC. However, when I attempt to connect to ghostcast server I get the following error message: unable to establish contact with session <test>, check that the ghostcasting server application is ready to accept clients <10030>. Also, when I ping ghostcast server from within winpe, I get error message: PING: transmit failed, error code 1231. When I ping loopback on the same PC I get successful replies. Please help me figure out this networking issue.

Thanks!
    Rich

• 2.  RE: GSS251 ghostcasting problem

Posted Jul 12, 2011 12:01 AM

// MessageId: ERROR_NETWORK_UNREACHABLE
    //
    // MessageText:
    //
    // The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help.
    //
    #define ERROR_NETWORK_UNREACHABLE        1231L
    The 99% case is that the machine doesn't have any routes which lead anywhere, which results from the Windows stack not having loaded any network drivers, because your Windows PE image doesn't have the right network drivers for the client hardware.

So, check what network hardware is present in the client machines and that the Windows PE environment you create to boot the clients has a suitable driver for that network hardware (and if as is likely the case it doesn't, add a Vista driver for the NIC to Windows PE and create a fresh boot environment containing the driver).

• 3.  RE: GSS251 ghostcasting problem

Posted Jul 12, 2011 12:55 PM

Thanks for the reply! The system I am working on is an Elitebook 8530p using Intel(R) 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection. Is this in the database of drivers included with GSS?

• 4.  RE: GSS251 ghostcasting problem
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 12, 2011 01:19 PM

I would recommend you add the latest driver for your NIC chipset and then make sure you select it and deselect any drivers that could possibly conflict, such as older versions. You need to source Vista 32 bit drivers regardless of the operating system you are imaging, as the version of WinPE used in GSS is based on the Vista kernel.

• 5.  RE: GSS251 ghostcasting problem

Posted Jul 12, 2011 04:16 PM

Thanks a lot!!! That works....I appreciate your assistance.  Have a good day smiley

• 6.  RE: GSS251 ghostcasting problem

Posted Jul 12, 2011 08:16 PM

Hi,

I am in the process of creating Windows 7 images for different systems. I can create individual images via GSS251 using Ghostcasting. Is there a way for me to create a single image for all these different type of PCs? Can I use deploy anywhere to perform task?

Thanks!!

Rich