Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  help getting ghost linux executable to run under ubuntu 12.4

Posted Aug 21, 2012 12:13 PM
      |   view attached

Hello,

This is my first posting to the boards. I did some searching in the boards and online in general, but didn't really see anything that matched up with the help i needed. My situation is as follows:

My Desktop support team uses an Ubuntu based utility distro in the field for disk rescue, backups, etc... What i am attempting to do is integrate the "Ghost" linux tool (the ghost32.exe for windows equivalent) into the distro so we can also use te distro to image machines.

Linux Distro details: lubuntu 12.4 - lightweight ubuntu variant

Actions taken:

• The utilities from the linux.tar folder have been extracted to /bin
    • CHMOD 755 has been run on all 5 files
    • in doing dsome digging i found that in Tiny Core Linux build, swap space had to be turned off (nozswap), I believe i disabled swap space properly in the ubuntu distribution i am working with (sudo swapoff -a)

The result:

running "sudo ghost" in the terminal launches the ghost program, but gives an error citing that "an internal inconsistency has been detected." at which point it quits. and outputs a ghosterr.txt file.

I have attempted to dig through the ghosterr.txt and determine what the issue might be, but, its really not clear to me.

I am attaching the ghosterr.txt file to this posting.

Just to clarify the end result I am looking for:

I wish to incorporate the Linux ghost executable (equivalent to the ghost32.exe for windows) into a live distribution in use already. The base of the distro is Lubuntu (ubuntu variant) 12.4. 

Attachment(s)

TXT
    GHOSTERR.TXT   13 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: help getting ghost linux executable to run under ubuntu 12.4

Posted Aug 23, 2012 06:35 AM

I suspect you will need to raise a call with support to get an answer to this. Ghost ceased active development some years ago, so I suspect that support for the most recent linux distros is not going to be available.