Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  How do I activate Endpoint Protection 12.0 SBE

Posted Oct 29, 2009 12:52 PM
    All of the instructions for activation show how to do it using a managed client, but if I have it installed on individual computers, how do I activate.  I have downloaded the *.slf file, but don't see where to use it in the software.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: How do I activate Endpoint Protection 12.0 SBE

Posted Oct 29, 2009 01:06 PM
    There is no license file for an unmanaged client.
     The license is only needed if they are managed from the console Symantec Protection Center.

Best,
    Thomas

• 3.  RE: How do I activate Endpoint Protection 12.0 SBE

Posted Oct 29, 2009 01:10 PM
    So how does it no that I purchased this product and continue to give me updates?  I had 11.0 trialware installed and it eventually said trial use expires in xx days.  I uninstalled that and purchased 12.0 SBE 5-user. 

I want to install on 5 computers, but without activation, whats to stop me from installing it on a thousand computers?

• 4.  RE: How do I activate Endpoint Protection 12.0 SBE

Posted Oct 30, 2009 01:57 AM
    Nothing technical is keeping you from installing on a million computers. Obviously you are only suppose to install it on as many computers as you have licenses for, but there is nothing stoping you from doing otherwise. You would be surprised that there are quite a few big name companies that follow this same practice.

Hope this helps,
    Grant

• 5.  RE: How do I activate Endpoint Protection 12.0 SBE

Posted Oct 30, 2009 11:14 AM
    Symantec trusts you!