Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I take backup and restore of Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.5_SEPM_EN

• 1.  How do I take backup and restore of Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.5_SEPM_EN

Posted Feb 10, 2015 01:38 AM

Hi 

Please suggest How do I take backup and restore of Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.5_SEPM_EN in another macine and anywhere in network.

Thanks

Naivedya

• 2.  RE: How do I take backup and restore of Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.5_SEPM_EN

Posted Feb 10, 2015 01:42 AM

You can follow below process

Disaster recovery best practices for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

Article:TECH160736  |  Created: 2011-05-24  |  Updated: 2014-12-01  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160736

See Chetan articles

How to move SEPM from one server to another server.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-move-sepm-one-server-another-server

• 3.  RE: How do I take backup and restore of Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.5_SEPM_EN

Posted Feb 10, 2015 02:10 AM

Hi James,

we are not using SQL server as we have samll business adition and I want to move my all clinets in new machine server thats it.

Thanks

Naivedya

• 4.  RE: How do I take backup and restore of Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.5_SEPM_EN

Posted Feb 10, 2015 02:16 AM

So you need to follow disaster receovery process if you cann't install another SEPM server.

If you have already installed another SEPM you need to replace sylink.xml file all client and restore the communication.

• 5.  RE: How do I take backup and restore of Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.5_SEPM_EN

Posted Feb 10, 2015 04:52 AM

But I am facing problem when I am installing new one SEPM in another Lan computer then there is showing below message

Failed to connect database

Please make sure your login name and password are correct.

I dont know why I am facing this issue.

Thanks

Naivedya

• 6.  RE: How do I take backup and restore of Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.5_SEPM_EN

Posted Feb 10, 2015 04:59 AM

have you using correct user name password ?

Have you follow disaster recovery process ?

How to move the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Small Business Edition from one server to a new server with a different host name and IP Address.

Article:TECH190898 | Created: 2012-06-13 | Updated: 2012-10-01 | Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH190898

Check this articles

Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager database backup and restore explained

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/symantec-endpoint-protection-manager-database-backup-and-restore-explained

• 7.  RE: How do I take backup and restore of Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.5_SEPM_EN

Posted Feb 10, 2015 05:08 AM

See,

I am telling you everything 

In our network I have to move my SEPM which is running on 12.1.3100 but now I want to update and move my SEPM in another machine on same network.

Below is my issues.

1. If I am installing SEPM in my machine then after some time automatically its gone rolling back and installaiton is intrupted,

2.If I am installing SEPM in another mahcine then it is asking

Failed to connect database

Please make sure your login name and password are correct

3. Also I am facing take backup my Symantec from my old one machine.

I hope I have cleared my all the problem in this msg please look into this and solve my issues as soon as.

Thanks

Naivedya

• 8.  RE: How do I take backup and restore of Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.5_SEPM_EN

Posted Feb 10, 2015 05:24 AM

Thanks

But I am facing SEPM rolling back and installaiton is intrupted in my machine what shoud I do for this problem

Thanks

Naivedya

• 9.  RE: How do I take backup and restore of Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.5_SEPM_EN

Posted Feb 10, 2015 05:24 AM

you need to install same version of sepm and then restore the DB.

You have try to restore SEPM 12.1.3 DB to SEPM 12.1.5.

• 10.  RE: How do I take backup and restore of Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.5_SEPM_EN

Posted Feb 10, 2015 05:25 AM

May be some OS or SEPM installation media issue.

• 11.  RE: How do I take backup and restore of Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.5_SEPM_EN

Posted Feb 10, 2015 07:54 AM

Have you enabled advanced debugging?

How to debug the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager