Patch Management Solution

View Only
  • 1.  How much longer will SMP version 7.5.1670 receive patch imports?

Posted Aug 11, 2017 10:46 AM

We are looking at our renewal options for Altiris in Oct and would like to understand how much longer Version 7.5.1670 will receive patch import files?

No point in renewing if we can't continue to push out patches on that version.

According to the product page for the management platform, version 7.5 and 7.5.1 show end of support October 7, 2020

• 2.  RE: How much longer will SMP version 7.5.1670 receive patch imports?

Posted Aug 11, 2017 02:02 PM

I don't have an official answer because I do not work for Symantec.  It might have to wait for someone with Symantec to respond and you may receive a quicker answer if you contact your account representative.  However, looking at the page below, on the right, you're able to see the End of Life dates for Patch Management.  If you look at 7.1.2 (the version prior to 7.5), it shows an End of Engineering Support date which was the same as the End of Life Support date.  Version 7.5.1 does have an End of Life Support date associated with it so I would think that you would receive patch imports up to that date.  Please keep in mind that this is speculation and like I stated before, you'll either have to wait for someone in Symantec to respond or contact your rep.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/patch-management-solution-for-windows.html

• 3.  RE: How much longer will SMP version 7.5.1670 receive patch imports?

Posted Oct 04, 2017 10:45 AM

out of curious... why not upgrade? were on 7.6 and have time before EOL and when needed then we will go to the latest... we dont just upgrade until required or a feature need.