Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5

• 1.  How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5

Posted Jan 30, 2015 10:44 AM

I'm looking to silently uninstall the Network Threat Protection silently via a command line.  I've used the following to uninstall the Firewall silently:

MsiExec.exe /i{product GUID from registry} /qn REMOVE="Firewall"

I was currious as to if I can/what is the keyword after REMOVE=

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 2.  RE: How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5

Posted Jan 30, 2015 10:47 AM

Should just be "Firewall"

A reboot is needed to complete the uninstall just so you know

You can do this easily from the SEPM by assigning a custom package:

Add or remove features to existing Endpoint Protection clients

Otherwise, you can check this:

MSI command line reference for Symantec Endpoint Protection

In section [FEATURE_SELECTION], the following entries are valid for SEP 11.x (where val is 0 = Don't install the feature and 1 = Install the feature):

• SAVMain=val

• EMailTools=val

• OutlookSnapin=val

• NotesSnapin=val

• Pop3Smtp=val

• ITPMain=val

• Firewall=val

• PTPMain=val

• COHMain=val

• DCMain=val

• 3.  RE: How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2015 10:50 AM

Thank you for posting in Symantec community.

I would be glad to answer your query.

It seems your query is correct, as per this article: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102668

• To silently remove the Firewall from a SEP client:

<computercode>MsiExec.exe /i{product GUID from registry} /qn REMOVE="Firewall" </computercode>

• 4.  RE: How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5

Posted Jan 30, 2015 10:53 AM

Your command seems to be correct, 

MsiExec.exe /i{product GUID from registry} /qn REMOVE="Firewall"

facing any prompt while uninstalling?

• 5.  RE: How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5

Posted Jan 30, 2015 11:20 AM

I'm looking to uninstall the Network Threat Protection module -- not just the firewall.  The command line script works great to uninstall JUST the firewall, but I'm looking to uninstall the NTP suite/module.

• 6.  RE: How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5

Posted Jan 30, 2015 11:23 AM
    Firewall is NTP.. What subcomponent is left?

• 7.  RE: How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5

Posted Jan 30, 2015 11:43 AM

NTP

Firewall and Intrussion Protection

I can uninstall the Firewall just fine, but it looks as if NTP is still installed

• 8.  RE: How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5

Posted Jan 30, 2015 11:45 AM

IPS is also part of NTP and possible ADC for 11.x. It's separate in 12.1

Also, just so you know 11.x is end of support life and no longer receives updates.

• 9.  RE: How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5

Posted Jan 30, 2015 11:49 AM

Yeah -- I'm trying to upgrade as soon as possible, but we have to get this final testing out and the NTP is getting in the way of that.

• 10.  RE: How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2015 12:02 PM

What's the result if you configured this way: 

MsiExec.exe /i{product GUID from registry} /qn REMOVE="NTP" OR "Network Threat Protection"

• 11.  RE: How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5

Posted Jan 30, 2015 12:13 PM

I'll try it out and let you know

• 12.  RE: How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 29, 2015 10:10 AM

Is there any update?

Or

If your query has been resolved mark this thread as a solved with the best answer that helps you.

• 13.  RE: How to Silently Uninstall Network Threat Protection on Version 11.0.5
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 29, 2015 10:19 AM

Chetan,

We ended up just removing the software all together.  My apologies -- i forgot about this post.