Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  HP 800 G2 USB issue

Posted Feb 05, 2016 09:11 AM

We are having issues in imaging HP 800 G2 minis.  The image deploys successfully but our issue is when we are asked to input computer name we have no control of mouse or keyboard.  I have added the USB 3.0 drivers from the HP site into the DriversDB.

Is anyone else having this issue or had it and resolved?

thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: HP 800 G2 USB issue

Posted Apr 05, 2016 12:38 PM

Yes, we've got this problem also (https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/hp-elitedesk-800-g2-dm-35w-boot-issue) .  I've also downloaded USB 3.0 & chipset drivers from the PC manufacturer.  I tried EdT's suggestion as posted on my comment but but ran into some issues and can't seem to make that work.  At this point, I'm thinking I may have to manually configure the machines.  I would be interested in learning of a solution.

• 3.  RE: HP 800 G2 USB issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2016 09:17 AM

One way you could work around is to capture a image from this machine, so the correct drivers would be included inside the image already.

So next time you deploy this image on same HW, the image has already all the correct drivers for this HW that is causing us problems

• 4.  RE: HP 800 G2 USB issue

Posted Apr 12, 2016 05:36 AM

A general note on USB 3 devices, you usually have to have the controller driver installed first, before being able to install/use the attached device driver itself.