File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  HTTP Status 404

Posted Sep 13, 2012 06:03 AM

Hi!

After upgrading I have this problem http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149248 . But I did not set up SSH before upgrade. How can I recover WEB access?

• 2.  RE: HTTP Status 404

Posted Sep 13, 2012 07:06 AM

You can still set up SSH access using PuTTy even if tomcat is broken.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH171773

If you can't do that, you will need to contact Technical Support to get you access to the default SSH login, which only they can give you access to.

• 3.  RE: HTTP Status 404

Posted Oct 15, 2012 02:29 AM

To perform the steps to create SSH access (described in TECH171773) you will need to be able to log on to the webinterface - which is not possible due to the Problem described in TECH149248.

I think there are two possible ways:

1. Gain access to the command line - to do so contact support and learn how to reset the root password.

2. Use your backup to re-install a working version, create SSH access, update PGP US (I fear you do not have any backup because you never configured SSH access nor a different backup-location other than the server itself)

...If you do not want to contact support google "I want to reset the Root password for the Universal Server" and you will get some hinnts how it could be done. But keep in mind:

"Any changes made to the PGP Universal Server via the command line must be:
    ·         Authorized in writing by Symantec Support.
    ·         Implemented by a Symantec Partner, reseller or Symantec Technical Support.
    ·         Summarized and documented in a text file in /var/lib/ovid/customization on the PGP Universal Server itself."

Regards Chris

• 4.  RE: HTTP Status 404

Posted Oct 15, 2012 01:05 PM

Let's be clear, there is no "default ssh login" for PGP Universal.  There is no credential or password or token that support can give you to gain access to your box.

Support can help you gain console access.