Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  I need to remove Liveupdate 3.3 from 400+ servers.

Posted Mar 11, 2015 12:31 PM

Hi

I'm sure this is a repeat question but I didn't find the info from digging on the forum.  

I've been asked to clean Symantec endpoint off of all our servers.  I was able to do this easily leveraging Config manager.  However... After inspecting the servers I noticed that LiveUpdate was still present.  So I need to make another pass and remove that too.  All I can seem to find is information on how to manually remove the app.   

I need to remotely remove this on 400+ servers so i'm looking for a tool/script/comand that will allow me to do it from config manager or remotly executed script.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Is there a liveupdate cleanup tool somewhere?  

Thanks

• 2.  RE: I need to remove Liveupdate 3.3 from 400+ servers.

Posted Mar 11, 2015 12:34 PM

You can use cleanwipe however there is no silent switch for it, but it will do the job.

You need to contact support to get it though. Or if you have 12.1.5 already it's in the Tools directory

How to obtain the Cleanwipe utility

Or try this:

How to uninstall LiveUpdate silently on a machine with Symantec Endpoint Protection

• 3.  RE: I need to remove Liveupdate 3.3 from 400+ servers.
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 11, 2015 12:51 PM

Hope this help ?

You can create batch or script to uninstall live update.

Uninstallation switches
    The following table shows the installation switches for the LiveUpdate uninstallation executable, Lsetup.exe. The default location of this file is the C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate folder. You must use the -a switch to pass any argument to Lsetup.exe.

For example, to start a silent. uninstallation, type the following command line:

lsetup.exe -a -s -q -u

Switch

Function

-a

Pass the command line to the Lsetup.exe executable.

-q

Uninstall silently.

-s

Silently unpack the files that are used to uninstall.

-u

Uninstall LiveUpdate client.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH102001 

• 4.  RE: I need to remove Liveupdate 3.3 from 400+ servers.

Posted Mar 11, 2015 03:05 PM

Thanks for the replys guys.   The syntax James listed worked fine.   I also have the cleanwhipe utility if I decide to go that route.  

For now I think i'm going to just make a batch file and push it out over config manager.  

Thanks again