Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Imaging Dell D620 Laptops

Posted Jul 31, 2007 12:10 PM
    Hi,

I'm having a little issue trying to image a Dell D620 laptop.  When I try to create the image of the laptop through a task, I see the laptop boot into DOS and try to obtain an IP through DHCP.  Since I'm using static IPs there's no DHCP server and the task will fail.

I'm thinking this has to do with the network drivers?  I have updated Broadcom 57xx drivers from the broadcom site and I've remotely installed the Ghost client however the adapter address in the console shows up as "Not Known" for this laptop (I think this has to do with the wireless/bluetooth mac).  Also the last known machine configuration shows Network Card Error: Multiple Network Card Drivers Installed.

I've manually set the IP and network configuration that I want to use to communicate with the laptop by editing the configuration parameters and manually selected the dos template for the nic.  However, the Ghost Console doesn't seem to be using the settings.

Can someone help me out..

I'm using Ghost console 8.2.0.1117

Thanks,
    Alex

• 2.  RE: Imaging Dell D620 Laptops

Posted Aug 01, 2007 12:08 PM
    Spent the day searching for articles on the subject and I think the problem has to do with the Network Card Error in the ghost console.  I tried using the F8 during the laptop boot up and write the IP to the wattcp.cfg file and that doesn't seem to work.

echo IP=(static IP) > wattcp.cfg

I found that when I disable the wireless and Bluetooth device through the bios and reinstall the ghost client onto the laptop the MAC address finally shows up in the console.  However, when you click on the properties it still shows network card error Multiple Network Card Drivers Installed.

• 3.  RE: Imaging Dell D620 Laptops

Posted Aug 08, 2007 07:08 PM
    In the console double click the client you are try ing to image and bring up the properties tab.  Click on the Edit button there and go to TCP/IP Settings and set the Static IP there.