Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

• 1.  The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 22, 2016 11:12 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade our SEPM server with the newest version, but when i start SEP installation program i'm getting error message: "The installer integrity check failed. Common causes for this failure include an incomplete download, damaged media, or problems with the Trusted Root certificate store.". I've downloaded installation file "Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.6.MP4_Full_Installation_EN.exe" few times with different browsers, but installation process was always interupted with the same error message. Operating system on our SEPM server is Windows Server 2012 R2. I've also tried to install SEPM on different server with the same OS, but again without success. Installation on PCs with Windows 7 runns without a problem.

Is there any compatibility issue between SEPM 12.1.6 MP4 and Windows Server 2012 R2?

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Mar 23, 2016 05:57 AM

Do you have windows firewall running on the server? Try turning it off if so there have been some compatibility issues with it running. 

• 3.  RE: The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 23, 2016 06:11 AM

Are you trying to run the install from a share ? You need to extract the content first and then run the setup.exe

if you are copying it from a different server ( where you have downloaded) right click on the setup.exe and select properties and select UNBLOCK and run the setup

• 4.  RE: The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 23, 2016 07:35 AM

Did you check the hash to make sure it matches?

• 5.  RE: The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 23, 2016 08:02 AM

Windows Firewall is OFF for Domain and Private profiles, but active for Public profile.

I'm downloading installation file on other PC and then move it to the server. There i'm exctracting the content and running the instalation process. I've tried to run instalation both with the main setup.exe file and setup.exe file in the "SEPx64" extracted folder, but always with the same error. I made UNBLOCK to the installation file, but again without success.

As i previously said, installation process with the same file runns without a problem on "Windows 7" PCs, so i suppose file is OK. 

• 6.  RE: The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 23, 2016 08:03 AM

Are there any additional details in the application event log on the server? Is has to be something with the server itself.

• 7.  RE: The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 23, 2016 08:37 AM

Nothing unusual in the windows application logs. It is strange that error appears only on servers with "Windows Server 2012 R2"! I have just tried installation on a server with "Windows Server 2008"  operating system and process goes without a problem.

• 8.  RE: The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 23, 2016 08:40 AM

May want to run the symdiag tool to troubleshoot first:

Download SymDiag to detect Symantec product issues

Could be worth getting a case open with Support as well

• 9.  RE: The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2016 03:20 PM
      |   view attached

12.1 RU6 MP4 does have some changes to the code signing certs used. As such, you will want to ensure you have the latest available root certificates installed on the server with this issue. Specifically, "COMODO SHA-1 Time Stamping Signer".

• 10.  RE: The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 24, 2016 11:14 AM

No DSOLO, this certificate is not installed on our server.

• 11.  RE: The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 25, 2016 09:33 AM

I have this problem as well...why does symantec keep changing the cert requiremetns on code signing?? I had no issues installing mp3 and now I cannot install mp4..and what can I do to fix this? I am on a time crunch because I have to have this isntalled due to gaping security hole you "kinda" patched twice that you now are assuring us you fixed it really good this time....

• 12.  RE: The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 25, 2016 09:51 AM

Did you install the needed root cert per DSOLO's advice?

• 13.  RE: The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 25, 2016 07:37 PM

We were missing UTN-USERFirst-Object certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities.

• 14.  RE: The installer integrity check failed SEPM 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 28, 2016 03:06 AM

Installling UTN-USERFirst-Object certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authoritie was solution to the problem. Thank you Intern.