Network Access Control

View Only
  • 1.  Integration of SNAC 5.1.9MP4 with SEP 11.0

Posted May 21, 2010 04:47 AM
    Hi guys! Currently, I am testing (trialware) SEP 11.0 with one of our prospect. It did well and the client is happy with the testing. Since they are pretty much happy with SEP, they wanted to test SNAC too. So I downloaded SNAC 5.1.9MP4 (trialware). I looked at forums about integration between SNAC and SEP, but seems what I downloaded is different from posted solutions in forums. I tried installing it (by clicking setup)yesterday but seems I ruined the configuration of SEP which did not allow me to connect to the SEPM so I end up reinstalling the SEPM and migrate again the clients. I have the following questions in mind and hoping to get help again from anyone:

1. How do I integrate the two given that I already have SEPM installed? Can it reside in same machine?
    2. As I think the installation of SNAC yesterday failed, I uninstalled it and when I tried accessing SEPM console, I wasnt able to access anymore. When I tried to reconfigure the management using the wizard, I have an error saying that I am not using the right port number of the embedded DB which I never changed from the beginning. Does the installation of SNAC affects the database of SEP?
    3. I reinstalled the SEPM and started adding up again the users with previously installed SEP, unfortunately, some of the clients with SEP was under unknown computers and wasnt able to add it back on the list. So how do i migrate those clients under "unknown computers"? Another info is two of them are using Windows 7. Do we have problems in doing push install in Windows 7?

Hope you can give me advises on this. Thank you in advance.

• 2.  RE: Integration of SNAC 5.1.9MP4 with SEP 11.0

• 3.  RE: Integration of SNAC 5.1.9MP4 with SEP 11.0

Posted May 21, 2010 11:32 AM
    Why are you installing SNAC 5.1.9 MP4? The latest SNAC is 11.0.6005.450. Did you download the trial from this site  (http://www.symantec.com/business/network-access-control)?

Thomas

• 4.  RE: Integration of SNAC 5.1.9MP4 with SEP 11.0

Posted Aug 31, 2010 02:30 PM
    Do NOT use the method above, found in "How to Install Symantec Network Access Control when SEPM is already installed and Running."

This will not fully install the SNAC framework, and issues will result.  As someone who works in Symantec Support, I have seen this method not work in several cases.

Please install the SNAC component by double clicking the setup.exe from the root of the SNAC add-on CD.