File Share Encryption

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Internal error 2324.2

• 1.  Internal error 2324.2

Posted Aug 15, 2011 03:39 PM

I am using Win 7 64 bit.  I have upgraded to v10.2.0 using PGPDesktop Win64-10.2.0.  When I log on PGP will not initialize.  When I use the PGPDesktop to repair I get the Internal error 2324.2 message with the followint path: c:\windows\system 32\drivers\PGPWDefs.sys.  What does this mean and how can I resolve this issue?

• 2.  RE: Internal error 2324.2

Posted Aug 16, 2011 06:37 AM

This Knowledge Base Article may be relevant.

• 3.  RE: Internal error 2324.2

Posted Aug 16, 2011 12:19 PM

Thank you.  I will give this a try and report back.  Should I try uninstalling and re-installing?  I think the uninstall allows me to save my PGP setup, is that correct?

• 4.  RE: Internal error 2324.2

Posted Aug 16, 2011 01:04 PM

It sounds like a good idea.  Your preferences and licensing should remain intact for the new install. 

• 5.  RE: Internal error 2324.2
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 16, 2011 01:36 PM

Thank you for your time and expertise.  I think a reinstall may resolve these issues.  I will get back if it doesn't.

• 6.  RE: Internal error 2324.2

Posted Aug 16, 2011 02:09 PM

You are welcome.  It may be helpful for others if you can post your results, whether successful or not.

• 7.  RE: Internal error 2324.2

Posted Aug 21, 2011 08:52 AM

Please Sir,

Same problem but I already have the hard drive encrypted with PWE.
    How can I do?
    Thank you.

• 8.  RE: Internal error 2324.2

Posted Aug 21, 2011 10:27 AM

I think you are saying that you have the disk encrypted by PGP Whole Disk Encryption, and are therefore not able to make the correction as recommended in the KBA? It sounds like you need to decrypt your disk, and that you are not able to do so from within Windows. If this is the case, you may need to use the WDE Recovery CD for the decryption.  If you do, make sure the decryption does not stop for any reason once it has been started.  Be aware that when it reflects 0% remaining encrypted, there is actually 1% left to complete - do not stop decryption until PGP actually states that decryption is complete.  This can take a few days on a large disk.  You can obtain the CD image for this by a link in this Knowledge Base Article

• 9.  RE: Internal error 2324.2

Posted Aug 21, 2011 07:42 PM

Thank you Sir,

I didn't want decrypt hard disk  but if it's so,

I shall do it !!!

Best regards.

• 10.  RE: Internal error 2324.2

Posted Aug 21, 2011 07:56 PM

If you need to follow that KBA procedure that includes uninstalling and then doing the modified install, you have to decrypt your disk.  PGP cannot be uninstalled while the boot disk is encrypted.

• 11.  RE: Internal error 2324.2

Posted Aug 22, 2011 12:55 PM

Tom Mc,

As requesrted I am giving you a follow-up.  Fortunately, I had anoother laptop encrypted with the same PGP v10.2 software and that is an important factor.  I had to purchased a 2.5 SATA to USB cable, took the hard drive out of the sick computer and attached it to the healthy computer.  I fired up the healthy computer and the sick hard drive was recognized.  I used the healthy computer to decrypt the sick hard drive.  Once it was decrypted I put it back in the laptop and once it went through a serives of establishing itself with the sick laptop, it fired up and I was able to unintall PGP.  The sick computer is now a healthy computer and, once again, fuctioning normally.  I will wait for a weekend to encrypt the hard drive again.  Here are a few things to be prepared for: If one doesn't have a support contract it has to be purchased.  Then, in order to get it into the Symantec system one has to wait 2 to 3 hours before one can talk to a support agent.  That was completely frustrating.  Once in the system PGP tech support is absolutley fabulous.  They are calm, polite, and, unfortunately, sometimes have to deal wiht people when they are not the most happy.  In the beginning I was one of those.  My sick hard drive is 500 GB.  It took roughly 19 hours to decrypt wich is just a function of the software and possilby the USB connection.  Once decrypted, it took about 15 minutes to uninstall PGP.  I would not try this without tech support if one is not real familiar with the PGP software.  PGP tech support gets an A+.  Let me know if you would like more information.

eefr