Email Security.cloud

View Only
  • 1.  The IP address 37.187.7.98 was found to have a negative reputation.

Posted Jan 23, 2017 03:24 PM

Hi,

I am trying to fix the bad reputation my mail server has. I asked for an investigation multiple times on that web page: http://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/lookup/ But it apparently has no effect.

So I wonder how I could clear my reputation. I am quite confident I never sent spam. My server sends very few emails. Only some user registrations for my web site.

I tried very hard to configure my server well. It is in no blacklist. DNS is well configured. My emails get the best possible score at https://www.mail-tester.com/. I have SPF, DKIM, DMARC, etc.

IP is 37.187.7.98 (www.crazy-sensei.com)

Users report that they can't receive their registration email. gmail is OK. I had to contact hotmail so that they stop blocking me. Many other ISPs seem to be blocking me, too.

I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Rémi

• 2.  RE: The IP address 37.187.7.98 was found to have a negative reputation.

Posted Jan 24, 2017 10:54 AM

Hi RemiZZZ,

I reviewed the IP you provided 37.187.7.98 against our systems. Keep in mind this forum is for the Symantec Email Security.Cloud line of products and I found no indication of bad reputation and or issues which would cause delivery failures from this IP to customers using our service. In addition, I checked our general security response back in regards to this IP and it does not list the IP has having a bad reputation currently.

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/landing/spam/

Should you still be experiencing delivery issues, could please elaborate and provide example bounce or error messages?

Regards,

Ben Beaulieu
    Sr Technical Support Engineer

• 3.  RE: The IP address 37.187.7.98 was found to have a negative reputation.

Posted Jan 24, 2017 11:36 AM

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply. My IP did have a negative reputation yesterday, but it seems that my investigation request worked this time. I had tried a few times without success in the past. I am glad I am finally out of your list.

Thanks,

Rémi

• 4.  RE: The IP address 37.187.7.98 was found to have a negative reputation.

Posted Jan 31, 2017 06:13 PM

Unfortunately, I am back into negative reputation after just a few days, and my email messages are being rejected again. I am really confident my server did not send any spam. Can you tell me what my server did to get a negative reputation again? I only send registration emails for my web site. My server sent about 400 emails in one week (most of which to gmail, which I guess you don't monitor).

The IP address 37.187.7.98 was found to have a negative reputation. Reasons for this assessment include:

• The host has been observed sending spam in a format that is similar to snow shoe spamming techniques.

• 5.  RE: The IP address 37.187.7.98 was found to have a negative reputation.

Posted Feb 02, 2017 10:33 AM

Hello RemiZZZ,

While I sadly cannot provide you with feedback on the reason myself, there is an email address you can contact in order to obtain a more detailed investigation result to understand the reason this is happening.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH82881.html

Symantec is willing, purely as a discretionary matter, to investigate the reason why your company's messages may be blocked by our filtering software. Please contact Investigation@review.symantec.com and submit an example of a message that's getting blocked, sent in the exact same way you would send to your customers.

Please allow up to 7 business days for the investigation to conclude.

Regards,

Ben Beaulieu
    Sr Technical Support Engineer

• 6.  RE: The IP address 37.187.7.98 was found to have a negative reputation.

Posted Feb 16, 2017 04:40 AM

Hi again,

I sent a message two weeks ago as you suggested, but did not get any reply so far.

What can I do?

Thanks.

• 7.  RE: The IP address 37.187.7.98 was found to have a negative reputation.
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 16, 2017 06:28 AM

Hi Remi,

I have checked the IP 37.187.7.98 provided and can confirm that this IP is not listed on the .cloud blocklist and we will not be blocking your emails from these IP's.

Also I have also reset the reputation to high for this IP across the whole .cloud infrastructure.

There is no reason for us to block your emails from that IP.

You may have restrictions with a different team within Symantec that supports another product. I would suggest raising this with the appropriate team which I believe is the following messaging gateway forum should you still have issues.

https://www.symantec.com/connect/security/forums/messaging-gateway

Again I confirm that there are no reasons for us to stop connections from that IP on the .cloud infrastructure.

Please set this thread as resolved to ensure others do not comment on the thread.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan