Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Just upgraded to 14.2 RU1 and clients are getting errors after upgrade

Posted Jul 18, 2019 01:22 PM

So far, I've installed ithe latest client on 3 machines.  The SEPm server and 2 - windows 10 1607 LTSB VDI machines (horizon).  The server was fine but both clients reported warnings after the reboot.  

"Download Insight is malfunctioning.  File System Auto-Protect is malfunctioning

Details: Download insight is not functioning correctly due to the file system autoprotect status. 

File System auto protect is not functioning correctly.  Your protection definitions may be damaged or your product installation may be corrupt.  "

For client 1, i rebooted a 2nd time and it has been green for the last 2 hours.  For client 2, i didnt want to do a 2nd reboot and I was told by the Symantec tech that it is trying download files from the internet so just leave it and it will fix itself.  It has been 2 hours and still shows the warning.  

• 2.  RE: Just upgraded to 14.2 RU1 and clients are getting errors after upgrade

Posted Jul 18, 2019 01:53 PM

So maybe a reboot will fix it? Otherwise grab advanced logs using SymDiag and send over to support.

• 3.  RE: Just upgraded to 14.2 RU1 and clients are getting errors after upgrade

Posted Jul 18, 2019 02:54 PM

I am certain a reboot will fix it, but we shouldnt have to reboot twice to install the client.  

• 4.  RE: Just upgraded to 14.2 RU1 and clients are getting errors after upgrade

Posted Jul 18, 2019 02:55 PM

Okay then...

• 5.  RE: Just upgraded to 14.2 RU1 and clients are getting errors after upgrade

Posted Jul 24, 2019 07:25 AM

1: Please restart the machine and try.

2: Repair the SEP Client ( In most cases the repair will solve the problem)

3: Uninstall the client using cleanwipe and install freshly.