Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Last update win 10 version 1703 dell storage manager driver error

Posted May 09, 2017 06:11 AM

Hello.

I'm updating my win 10 to last version 1703 and before to install this update it shows error because Dell storage manager driver (Microsoft article base 941024) must be uninstalled. It seems to be something related to altiris services. Any one know how to solve this?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Last update win 10 version 1703 dell storage manager driver error

Posted May 10, 2017 02:15 AM

I forgot to say i use GSS 3.2

• 3.  RE: Last update win 10 version 1703 dell storage manager driver error

Posted May 10, 2017 05:29 AM

Why do you think it's related to Altiris. Have you tried to follow the steps in KB 941024?

To resolve this problem, use the Dell Addfilter tool to remove the driver before you continue with the upgrade. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Copy the Addfilter.exe file to a folder on the computer.

2. Click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK.

3. Type the following command, and then press ENTER, where Path is the path of the Addfilter.exe file:

• Path\addfilter u afamgt

This will remove the filter driver from the registry.

4. Manually delete the Afamgt.sys file from the following folder:

• C:windows/System32/drivers

Contact Dell support for more information about how to obtain the Dell Addfilter tool. Also, for more information about the problem that is described in this article, visit the following Dell Web site:
    http://www.delltechcenter.com/page/Migrating+Dell+PowerEdge+Servers+to+Microsoft+Windows+Server+2008

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/941024/message-when-you-run-the-windows-server-2008-system-compatibility-report-on-a-windows-server-2003-based-computer-uninstall-the-following-programs-storage-manager-driver

• 4.  RE: Last update win 10 version 1703 dell storage manager driver error

Posted May 10, 2017 06:51 AM

I think it is a altiris service because my machine is a Microsoft surface pro 4 and only have installed gss 3.2 and ms office 2010.

• 5.  RE: Last update win 10 version 1703 dell storage manager driver error

Posted May 10, 2017 09:49 AM

In that case do a search for Afamgt.sys. It's probably in a driver folder in GSS for using in a PXE boot file.

If you find it, rename it to .old and change it back after the update.