Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Linksys EG1032 NIC

Posted Jun 27, 2007 04:59 PM
    Hello,

I am just begining to implement the GSS and have several systems that we installed Linksys 10/100/1000 network adapters and all fail using the Universal Packet Driver v2.0.  All fail to reboot into DOS with an error on the console of "Detail for:To Virtual Partition Failed to reboot cleint to recovery partition."  Any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Linksys EG1032 NIC

Posted Jun 28, 2007 05:18 AM
    Hi Joe,

Do you get the DOS drivers for linksys NICs? If it is the case, you would be able to add the driver to Console.

However, to use UNDI driver, you need to enable the PXE boot of the NIC. You need not to boot to PXE, but the PXE option should be enabled since UNDI use the driver from PXE ROM. Could you check that too?

Krish

• 3.  RE: Linksys EG1032 NIC

Posted Jun 28, 2007 01:09 PM
    I installed the file EG1032v3.com from the CD under the DOS folder and receive the same results when applied to the failling client.  I will attempt the other option next and reply again.

• 4.  RE: Linksys EG1032 NIC

Posted Jun 28, 2007 02:40 PM
    Im not sure where you  "Installed" the .COM file to but usually you are looking for a .DOS file usually found under a DOS\NDIS or DOS\NDIS2 folder in your driver set.

Putting that console to the server is another matter as well as making sure the pci identifier string is correct.

• 5.  RE: Linksys EG1032 NIC

Posted Jun 29, 2007 02:40 AM
    Hi Joe,

Yes, it seems the driver file from Linksys only contains the ODI driver for Novell.

When searching the net, I found someone saying that it is Marvell chipset and he managed to get it from them. If you do a Google search for eg1032 dos driver linksys" you might get some more details.

If the UNDI works, it will solve lot of problems, but it seems this was released around 2003-2004. Some network cards came at that time did not support PXE.

Krish