Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Live Update not working properly on SEPM 12.1

Posted Jul 03, 2014 11:20 AM

Hi,

My SEPM is 12.1.  Many of my clients retrieve definitions from my SEPM.  I have noticed that my SEPM showed in the dashboard that it had defs from two days earlier than the most current Symantec definitions.  I found numerous articles and tried clearing out different files, replacing files, uninstalling and reinstalling LiveUpdate.  Finally I found a workaround.  That is to run luall "as administrator".  This successfully updated the content on the SEPM and clients started pulling updates.  However, if I try to download content using the SEPM gui or if I run luall without right-clicking and picking run as administrator, I see errors.  In the SEPM, I see that LiveUpdate failed.  If I run luall normally, I get an error that LiveUpdate can't process the updates.

My problems started after the drive in which my SEPM is installed ran out of space.  I remedied the space issues and my SEPM is running fine.  But I can't figure out how to get the SEPM to run LiveUpdate successfully anymore without my intervention.  Therefore I am looking for any suggestions to troubleshoot.  

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

BB

• 2.  RE: Live Update not working properly on SEPM 12.1

Posted Jul 03, 2014 11:27 AM

LiveUpdate and content troubleshooting for the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager

Article:TECH105924 | Created: 2008-01-16 | Updated: 2012-03-30 | Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH105924

• 3.  RE: Live Update not working properly on SEPM 12.1

Posted Jul 03, 2014 12:11 PM

hmm your SEPM is not able to run under system account but its running under admin account

follow this document and give full permission to system account

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH91456

• 4.  RE: Live Update not working properly on SEPM 12.1

Posted Jul 03, 2014 12:29 PM

The article does not reflect the problem I am seeing.  I see in the Windows event viewer, error 7201 "Content Download to the server failed".  

• 5.  RE: Live Update not working properly on SEPM 12.1

Posted Jul 03, 2014 12:46 PM
    please give the full access to system account as per this document. run lu within sepm, it will work do you use proxy?

• 6.  RE: Live Update not working properly on SEPM 12.1
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 03, 2014 01:15 PM

So the problem had nothing to so with the system account.  Yesterday support had helped me recover my server but we had to generate a new conf.properties file because mine was corrupt.  The variable scm.liveupdateclient.path was pointing to the wrong path.  Temporarily I created the path and copied the whole liveupdate directory to it.  After that LiveUpdate worked from within the SEPM gui.  In other words, the SEPM could not find the liveupdate installation.  

The complete solution I believe is to re-run the migration wizard with the correct conf.properties file which I will do after the holiday weekend.