Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Made the mistake of installing on a system with less than 256 MB of RAM

Posted Jan 07, 2010 10:34 AM
    Now it won't allow me to do anything but go into Safe Mode, even with Safe Mode, I tried to run the cleanwipe and it is not finishing. I can not use add remove becaue the installer service is off.

What can I do now to remove SEP from this system????? Please assist.

• 2.  RE: Made the mistake of installing on a system with less than 256 MB of RAM

Posted Jan 07, 2010 10:36 AM

How to uninstall Symantec Antivirus, Symantec Endpoint Protection,and Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, and what to do if that fails

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008042314291548

• 3.  RE: Made the mistake of installing on a system with less than 256 MB of RAM

Posted Jan 07, 2010 10:37 AM
    Try the manual uninstallation. The link is provided in this article

• 4.  RE: Made the mistake of installing on a system with less than 256 MB of RAM

Posted Jan 07, 2010 10:38 AM
    Either you can do a manual removal

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007073018014248

OR

Go to msconfig and disable all Symantec service and then re login and try to remove SEP

• 5.  RE: Made the mistake of installing on a system with less than 256 MB of RAM
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 07, 2010 10:56 AM
    Just go to safe mode and disable all the symantec related services in services.msc and restart the pc in safe mode and then run cleanwipe and wait for it to complete.

this should uninstall sep.

• 6.  RE: Made the mistake of installing on a system with less than 256 MB of RAM

Posted Jan 07, 2010 11:03 AM

It did work, but this time I had Cleanwipe 4.1 and I ran EVERY .bat file I could see from the extracted files, it wiped it to the point of where the desktop came back up for me and I had control again. It was a messy solution, but it worked.

Thanks.