Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Make Network Bootable CD Mouse driver Added but Not working on GSS 2.0.1

Posted Jun 20, 2007 12:42 PM
    Hi
      I have GSS 2.0.1 and have successfully made network boot floppies that boot my client with mouse support.
    However, when I create a network bootable CD (I make the ISO and the summary says if there is a mouse then adds mouse.com - same as when I made the floppies), I burn the resulting ISO. When I boot the client there is no mouse support, only keyboard support. Can anyone help out?
    Thank You,
      taffy

• 2.  RE: Make Network Bootable CD Mouse driver Added but Not working on GSS 2.0.1

Posted Jun 20, 2007 01:23 PM
    im pretty sure all you need to do is add mouse.com to the boot as well as a line in autoexec.bat to execute mouse.com

• 3.  RE: Make Network Bootable CD Mouse driver Added but Not working on GSS 2.0.1

Posted Jun 20, 2007 05:54 PM
    Hi,

Unfortunately mouse.com needs to be run from a writable location to work as it writes a file mouse.ini, this is why it is excluded from the the bootable cd.
    You have two options to het the mouse working with cd boot:
    ---You can create a ram drive in config.sys by including ramdrive.sys in your cd, then copy and run mouse.com from there.
    ---Or you can specify the mouse type as an argument to mouse.com in autoexec.bat. Example: mouse.com /z loads the driver for ps2 mouse without having to detect it and wirte the mouse.ini file. For more mouse.com options type mouse.com /? at the command prompt.

Regards,
    Morgan

Message Edited by Morgan Mackeson-Ellis on 06-20-200704:04 PM

• 4.  RE: Make Network Bootable CD Mouse driver Added but Not working on GSS 2.0.1

Posted Jun 21, 2007 11:49 AM
    Hello Morgan
     Thank you.  Now I would like to know, once I create the bootable ISO within GSS 2.0.1 how I would edit that
    ISO to add into the autoexec.bat the /z   (the existing line is if exist mouse.com  mouse.com in the bootable
    floppies I created and I assume that line is in the iso created)
             as in
                     if exist MOUSE.COM MOUSE.COM /z
    and then resave it as a bootable iso?

Regards,
    taffy

• 5.  RE: Make Network Bootable CD Mouse driver Added but Not working on GSS 2.0.1

Posted Jun 21, 2007 12:14 PM
    Ultra ISO is an option.

• 6.  RE: Make Network Bootable CD Mouse driver Added but Not working on GSS 2.0.1

Posted Jun 24, 2007 06:39 PM
    Hi,

Thanks David, personally I have not used any iso editing tools so I can not recommend any. In my experience to get around the fact that GBW does't allow you to edit the boot package before it creates the iso I have just used GBW floppies when I have needed to create a personalised boot CD. Tools like oscdimg.exe found in Microsoft WAIK and Nero etc. are able to create a bootable cd from a bootable floppy, so if you edit the floppy before making the cd you can personalise it to suit.

I would be interested to know what other tools, if any, people are using in conjuction with GBW to create bootable cd's.

Regards,
    Morgan