Email Security.cloud

View Only
  • 1.  Message not delivered : 553 Message filtered

Posted Oct 25, 2017 08:03 AM

We are having trouble with emails from our domain being sent to and received from Symantec customers.

We have investigated internally and have found nothing that should result in our domain being blocked.

I have also raised support tickets with Google as we use G Suite to manage our emails. 

Google has advised me that as they use dynamic IP's that can not be the issue. They also advise that our emails are authenticating properly and that 'we are doing everything right'.

We have not made any changes recently to our set up and it is very important to us that we find out what has caused this to happen, how to fix it and how to prevent it from happening again.

The error message we receive:

Message not delivered

There was a problem delivering your message to xxxxxxxxx. See the technical details below.

553 Message filtered. Refer to the Troubleshooting page at http://www.symanteccloud.com/troubleshooting for more information. (#5.7.1)

I have emaled and called Symantec support but as I am not a Symantec customer they have directed me to these forums.

It would seem that the problem is very similar to this old thread https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/emails-being-blocked-symantec-cloud-need-help-resolving as we have experienced some success sending emails with all links and references to our domain removed from the email footer.

Hopefully there is an easy solution?

Thanks

Andrew

• 2.  RE: Message not delivered : 553 Message filtered

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2017 04:22 AM

Hi Andrew,

It seems your emails are being flagged as Spam by one of our detections systems

Can I please point you to the following document which will walk you through the process of geting this looked at

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH82881.html

Once you have sent the email with the require information you will be contact directly to discuss / resolve

Kind Regards

Richard Brittain
    Tier2 Senior Technical Support Engineer,
    Symantec Corporation

• 3.  RE: Message not delivered : 553 Message filtered

Posted Oct 26, 2017 05:15 AM

Hi

Thanks for the response, I have emailed them as sugested.

The page you directed me to seems to be specifically about emails from a bulk mailer being blocked but this is not the issue we have.

We are unable to send or receive normal email (from one person to another) from contacts who we have longstanding relationships with and have emailed successfully many times before.

Is there any other action you could suggest?

Thanks

Andrew

• 4.  RE: Message not delivered : 553 Message filtered

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2017 05:30 AM

Hi Andrew,

The solution on that page is the correct part to follow,

The error message you are receiving is well known to us and the solution on the page gives you the required information to reach out to our investigations team, whom once contacted will work directly with you to resolve the problem

Kind Regards

Richard Brittain
    Tier2 Senior Technical Support Engineer,
    Symantec Corporation

• 5.  RE: Message not delivered : 553 Message filtered

Posted Sep 14, 2020 02:11 PM
    Hello Richard, 

My organization is facing the same issue, please advise the step in order to resolve this. Thanks.

• 6.  RE: Message not delivered : 553 Message filtered

Posted Sep 13, 2020 11:50 PM
    Hello, 

My organization is also facing the same issue. Please advise me on what needs to be done in order to resolve this. Appreciate your kind help. 

Thanks,
    Amit