File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Need Help on PGP Universal Server 3.2.0

Posted Jan 07, 2013 01:00 PM

Hi,

My name is Jiten and i m using PGP universal Server 3.2.0 . I have some query regarding it. my query is that Can i user multiple consumer policy to be effective for a single user in once.

Please answer me on my query if yes then how can i achive that.

Thanks,

Jiten

• 2.  RE: Need Help on PGP Universal Server 3.2.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2013 01:50 PM
    You can have multiple consumer policys for an individual user, but only the top priority in consumer policy's will actually be in effect for that Client. What is it that you are trying to apply that takes more than one consumer policy?

• 3.  RE: Need Help on PGP Universal Server 3.2.0

Posted Jan 08, 2013 12:59 AM

Actualy I have Made 4 groups with 4 consumer policy which are as mention below.

1. Internal HDD encryption Policy

2. USB driver Encryption Policy.

3. Net Share Enable Policy.

4. Virtual Drive Encryption Policy.

Now one user raise a request to have all upper from 1 to 3 policy to be applied on his User Account, but when i am doing that onle one policy is appliing in one time.

• 4.  RE: Need Help on PGP Universal Server 3.2.0
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2013 10:37 AM

You will have to setup multiple policies for different configurations and assign them as needed. You can not apply multiple policies at the same time. Only one policy is active at a time. If the user needs multiple functions create a policy that has those functions enabled. Some of the functions do not affect performance or other users even if they are enable in policy. IE" turning on the ability to use Virtual disks does not affect the performance of users that opt not to create the virtual drives". The desktop client by default installs all drivers and fuctionality. The policy dictates which components can be utilized and how they will be used. Hope this helps.

If this post solves your issue please mark as solution.

Brian

• 5.  RE: Need Help on PGP Universal Server 3.2.0

Posted Jan 09, 2013 12:51 AM

Thanks, Brian this i understand and this solve my query as well,.