Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Need to remove Symantec Management Agent 7.5.3300

Posted Oct 07, 2016 08:20 AM

My company is no longer using SMP for desktop management.  Due to licensing concerns, I need to remove the agent from ALL OS X machines.  I have found an issue that I cannot get past.  On OS X 10.11+ machines, the removal script does NOT work.  It fails in the early steps.  On systems earlier than 10.11 it works fine.  The powers that be are telling me to remove it ASAP.  Does anyone have a method for uninstalling the agent from OS X 10.11+ machines?  These machines were upgraded to 10.11 from 10.10 or less.  Any new 10.11 from the factory never had the agent, just the upgraded versions.  Please help as Google has yielded zero good leads on this one.  Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Need to remove Symantec Management Agent 7.5.3300

Posted Oct 07, 2016 10:38 AM

Hi Dshepp33,

There are two methods you can use to uninstall the Altiris Agent on MacOS: using aex-helper or aex-uninstall.

This article will help you: https://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/using-aex-helper-uninstall-smp-agent-unix-linux-and-mac

Regards,

Fábio Sanches

• 3.  RE: Need to remove Symantec Management Agent 7.5.3300

Posted Oct 28, 2016 11:29 AM

I go through those processes and get the following:  SMP is still in Applications.

sudo ./aex-uninstall 

This will remove the Symantec Management Agent for UNIX, Linux and Mac software from your system.

Are you sure you want to continue [Yy/Nn]? 

y

Uninstalling dependant solutions...

WARNING! The aex-helper tool is not available.

Dependant solutions will not be uninstalled.

./aex-uninstall: line 142: aex-helper: command not found

Removing Symantec Management Agent for UNIX, Linux and Mac package from the system...

No receipt for 'com.altiris.AltirisAgent' found at '/'.

Removal finished.

Uninstallation has finished

sudo ./aex-helper uninstall all

There is nothing to uninstall.