Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Norton Ghost 15.0 recovery disc

Posted Jun 28, 2011 06:14 AM

i just downloaded Norton Ghost 15.0 and I've created an image of my netbook, but how do I create a system recovery disc?! it says I dont have some IOS thingy...I almost clueless when it comes to technology! help!!!

Roisin.

• 2.  RE: Norton Ghost 15.0 recovery disc

Posted Jun 28, 2011 09:57 AM

This forum supports Ghost Solution Suite, which is the corporate imaging tool and based on somewhat different technology to the retail Norton Ghost product. The sticky posting at the top of this forum will direct you to the Norton community where you can get more relevant answers to your questions.

If your netbook does not have a CD/DVD drive (which is usually the case) then you cannot make a System Recovery disk unless you have access to an external USB-connected CD or DVD drive.

• 3.  RE: Norton Ghost 15.0 recovery disc

Posted Jul 16, 2011 11:57 PM

did not know you could download Norton Ghost 15 from Symantecs site, is this where you got it? Otherwise... if you bought it online and/or a store, NG15 is a physical box, with physical software, meaning, a physical disc, which ISyour bootable media.

NG15 has no volume license methods as SGSS does... it is a box only product, simple to use; it says what it does and it does what it says. There are plenty of sites that have step by step instructions on how to create bootable usb flash drives for ng15 (and previous versions) since youre on a netbook.