Endpoint Protection Cloud

View Only
  • 1.  Not getting KB4056898, A/V has yellow Attention message

Posted Jan 18, 2018 11:42 AM

So, I have some standalone Server 2012 R2 standard and I'm not being offered Microsoft's patch for the spectre/meltdown vulnerabilities which is KB4056898. I've read you need 2 things set in order to be offered the patch and that is your AV needs to have added a specific registry setting AND symantec needs to be running a certain version of the ERASER engine.  I've confirmed I have the registry setting and that my eraser engine is the proper version but still no patch through windows update.

When I look at the symantec client on my servers there is a yellow exclamation point that says "Attention" with no further info as to what the alert is for.  My workstations do NOT have this alert, just the servers and they are running the same software.

Anyone else having this issue and know what I need to do to clear this alert and get the patch?

• 2.  RE: Not getting KB4056898, A/V has yellow Attention message

Posted Jan 18, 2018 01:07 PM

In any event, the hotfix is out so you'll want to apply it:

https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/sep-system-tray-icon-warns-multiple-issues-following-installation-january-3rd-2018-windows-se

However, this sounds slightly different. If you open the GUI, it will show exactly what is affected. What does it say?