Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
  • 1.  NS Server Error Log w3wp (8148) , what's that?

Posted Aug 27, 2015 12:09 AM

Dear all,

I have a All-in-One Altiris Notification Server 7.1 (Virtual Machine) for PC inventory & software deployment with MSSQL database 2008 R2.

I found an alert always appear, whats that?

Error Msg:

Log File Name: C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SMP\Logs\a.log
    Priority: 1
    Help and Support: Symantec Technical Support
    Date:
    Tick Count: 1356547066
    Host Name: my-ns
    Process: w3wp (8148)
    Thread ID: 4
    Module: w3wp.exe
    source: Altiris.TaskManagement.ClientTask.*
    Description: BaseXmlHttpCallback Exception: Altiris.NS.Exceptions.AeXSecurityException: A machine (IP: <my siteserver with package services Server IP>: Host: <my siteserver with package services Server IP>) other than a Task Server configured through Site Servers is trying to access the database.
       at Altiris.TaskManagement.ClientTask.BaseWeb.ExecSqlCommand.WriteResponse(XmlTextWriter wr)
       at Altiris.TaskManagement.Common.XmlHttp.BaseXmlXmlHttpCallback.WriteResponseRaw(XmlTextWriter xwr)
       at Altiris.TaskManagement.Common.XmlHttp.BaseXmlHttpCallback.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

nserror.png

• 2.  RE: NS Server Error Log w3wp (8148) , what's that?

Posted Aug 27, 2015 03:34 AM

You can try to run the scheduled task "NS.Restore Task Servers..."

restore_task_server.JPG

It might be a task server which was manually installed and therefore has not registered correctly with the NS.

• 3.  RE: NS Server Error Log w3wp (8148) , what's that?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 27, 2015 03:51 AM

According to information from log, this is a Package Service and you need to manually execute this scheduled task, then your un-registered Package Server will be automatically registered, communicating with NS and shown on "Site Server Management Page".

PS_Restore.jpg

• 4.  RE: NS Server Error Log w3wp (8148) , what's that?

Posted Aug 27, 2015 10:50 PM

Hi all,

Thanks.

I found the NS.Package Server Status Event Capture Item Run daily with succeesful result daily already.

I can use this SS server, just don't know why this error still come out... any idea? Thanks

• 5.  RE: NS Server Error Log w3wp (8148) , what's that?

Posted Aug 28, 2015 02:12 AM

Have you run the task "NS.Restore Task Servers..." as well? Does the server show up in the Site Server Settings page?

• 6.  RE: NS Server Error Log w3wp (8148) , what's that?

Posted Sep 01, 2015 05:18 AM

Hi Stefan,

1) If I run the "NS.Restore Task Servers..." any impact on it? As the SS is working now...

2) "Does the server show up in the Site Server Settings page", yes

• 7.  RE: NS Server Error Log w3wp (8148) , what's that?

Posted Sep 01, 2015 06:24 AM

Did you get rid of the error? Or is still there in the log?

• 8.  RE: NS Server Error Log w3wp (8148) , what's that?

Posted Sep 01, 2015 09:20 PM

HI Stefan,

Thanks. Not yet, an other log problem is annoying me:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/what-happening-my-ns-server-smp-logs-cprogramdatasymantecsmplogs-keep-growing-each-second