Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Optiplex 7450 Vista drivers Ghost 11.5

• 1.  Optiplex 7450 Vista drivers Ghost 11.5

Posted Nov 03, 2017 05:57 AM

Hi

I checked solutions on this forum to find vista drivers etc. and can't find anything for my Optiplex 7450aio desktop. Dell can't tell me the vendor of the motherboard (Dell 0v0d45) and i have tried almost every driver on the Intel website.

My question is, do anyone have this type of motherboard and found vista drivers for it? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Optiplex 7450 Vista drivers Ghost 11.5

Posted Nov 04, 2017 10:08 AM

I presume you are using Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 based on your refernce to Vista drivers, which are increasingly hard to find.

You may be interested in this article by Terry Bu which describes how to create a WinPE environment based on WinPE 3.x which uses Windows 7 drivers:

https://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/creating-and-using-winpe31-image-gss-251

Win 7 drivers are more readily available and much of the GSS functionality is retained.

Plan B would involve updating to GSS 3 which adds a lot of modern functionality such as support for UEFI bioses and operation with the latest version of WinPE based on the Windows 10 kernel.

• 3.  RE: Optiplex 7450 Vista drivers Ghost 11.5

Posted Dec 08, 2017 01:56 AM
      |   view attached

@EdT Thanks for the info..

I tried to do it, but still got some hickups. Could send a Image to the pc via USB, but when i put it in the virtual partition of ghost it gives me an error (attached)

Does this mean i need other drivers that i'm currently using or is there something wrong in the steps that i followed?

• 4.  RE: Optiplex 7450 Vista drivers Ghost 11.5

Posted Dec 08, 2017 11:46 AM

I cannot see an image. What is the text of the error message ?  I will try and cover the usual culprits.

Generally, you need to ensure that you have the appropriate drivers for the version of WinPE you are using AND you have the appropriate drivers within your image for the operating system you are deploying.

When you boot WinPE, the entire copy of WinPE runs from memory, so at this point the hard disk is not involved. However, to successfully deploy the image, your booted WinPE environment must have appropriate drivers for the SATA chipset that drives the hard disk. Since you are using a USB drive to provide the image, you won't need NIC drivers within WinPE to access the image on a server.

You need also to ensure that the way the machine with the source image is configured in the bios, matches the way that the target machine is configured.  To correctly support SATA disks, it is normal for the bios to be configured in AHCI mode for the hard disk. The alternative is legacy mode, which configures the machine to treat the hard disk as an old PATA (IDE) hard disk, which avoids having to have SATA drivers present, but does impose some limitations that were specific to the old IDE standard. Similarly, the target machine also needs to be set in the bios for AHCI mode (it probably is by default).

The image itself requires the appropriate SATA drivers for your operating system to allow it to boot correctly. These are the block drivers that you would add when installing the operating system manually, right at the beginning before Windows files start being copied over.

If you are using Sysprep, and if I recall correctly, there is a section for these block drivers to be specified.

Hope this helps!

• 5.  RE: Optiplex 7450 Vista drivers Ghost 11.5

Posted Dec 11, 2017 09:32 AM
      |   view attached

Attaching the error again.. The text: Fail - To Virtual Partition - Drivers could not be found in the PeOS for the following devices:

Will check the drivers again and try to make another WinPE image and will let you know the outcome.

• 6.  RE: Optiplex 7450 Vista drivers Ghost 11.5

Posted Dec 12, 2017 02:43 AM

I found a solution for the above, by adding the drivers in the *manifest.txt file. And i got another size error which i fixed by also changing the default in the file.

Now i have another error which seem not to have been answered in the link given..

ERROR: When doing configuration (stand alone task)

Configuration task failed - An error occurred on the client but the error file could not be retrieved.

• 7.  RE: Optiplex 7450 Vista drivers Ghost 11.5

Posted Dec 12, 2017 04:59 AM

Again, the paucity of information is unhelpful.

First of all, are you running Sysprep?

Secondly, at what point in your imaging are you getting this error?

• 8.  RE: Optiplex 7450 Vista drivers Ghost 11.5

Posted Dec 12, 2017 06:03 AM
      |   view attached

Sorry for not being clear..

- Sysprep = No. I was using ghostwalker for sid change. (Just in testing phase and i read now that i must rather use Sysprep)

- My first task was to clone the pc and it is working 100% with the new WinPE3. I am currently busy trying to do a configuration task and the task failed at the configuration step. (attaching pic) The pic will explain a lot. If you can't open the pic i will write it down for you.

Hope this explains more.

• 9.  RE: Optiplex 7450 Vista drivers Ghost 11.5

Posted Dec 13, 2017 04:54 AM
      |   view attached

Sorry, I cannot see any attachment. If you can see your attachment on your posting, let me know and I will discuss this further with the site admins. When uploading an image, you first need to select the image, then you need to UPLOAD the image. I am going to try uploading a PDF recipe to this posting to check all is well with the upload mechanism.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Chicken_Pasanda.pdf   176 KB 1 version

• 10.  RE: Optiplex 7450 Vista drivers Ghost 11.5

Posted Dec 13, 2017 04:57 AM

By the way, when it comes to various configuration tasks - don't forget there is a decent search engine attached to these forums and there have been many postings over the years relating to config task issues. Often worth a trawl as it might be one of the things you are running up against.

By the way, there was an article written by one of the Sysinternals guys about there being no need to change SIDs, and these guys know windows better than Microsoft itself, hence why Microsoft inhaled them into their company....